Sig sauer question

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by bostonscottkelly, Jan 23, 2012.

1. bostonscottkelly

bostonscottkelly New Member

From reading all the info on this site I know Sig has a great reputation & supposedly makes a great weapon....with that being said, why does my sig mosquito suck so much? Is it that a great gun maker makes garbage every once in a while?

Based on my mosquito experiences I would be rally hard pressed to consider sig in the future.

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

A lot of .22 semis are iffy. I haven't heard much good about the Mosquito, but many people seem to correct malfunctions in many different .22 semis by using CCI minimags.

3. bostonscottkelly

bostonscottkelly New Member

I use cci mini mags & haven't noticed a difference???

4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Alloy Sigs are great. P220, 226, 228, 229, 239, etc. They're what earned Sig their reputation.

The Mosquito and P250 are poor attempts at diversifying Sig's target audience in my opinion. The P250 does have it's fans, however. The SP2022 is a better alternative, but I'll stick with the polymer that works for me (SA XDm).

The Mosquito is about as consequential to a P226 as a Chevy Chevette is to a Corvette. If you want a rimfire for under $400, start with Ruger and Browning. If you want a rock solid $600+ service pistol, Sig's alloy guns are among the many outstanding options out there.

5. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

It's not just the Mosquito that is ammo picky. My Beretta Neos target pistol turned out not to like Federal ammo. It really liked CCI, though.

Sig undoubtedly makes great handguns. So does other manufacturers. Does their rep mean that you should abandon other brands for them? Matter of opinion. For what it's worth, several distributors have stopped selling Sig because of their business practices. I was originally told that they were getting too difficult to deal with by one when I was looking to order a 250 for a client. Later I found out exactly what was going on. It seems that they find out what retailers sell more of their guns and contact the retailers to try to get them to be able to order factory direct and cut out the distributors. That's what is pissing the distributors off so much.

6. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

My Browning Buck Mark eats anything I feed it.

7. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

As far as their alloy guns are concerned their Awesome firearms .I have a Sig 229 and 239 that I switch out as my primary carry gun love 'em .Their poly guns not so much I wont buy another one from Sig .I bought a first generation 250 and would sell it in a heartbeat if i could recoup most my money back but can't when i bought mine they were selling for a lil over $600 now you get them for a lil over $350 .Like Sweeper said they do have their fans . I havent any experiance with a mosiquito

8. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

IMO, Sig is severely diluting the brand and losing some of the sterling reputation they have built up in the past, chasing the dollars putting out hokey and IMO silly copies like the rainbow style guns, or slapping playing cards on gun slides and calling it "The Gambler".....huh?

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

After attending a Sig armorers course and meeting the people they employ, it does not surprise me they would build the Mosquito and try to tell us it is a "good" gun. I work on them, but have little desire to own one. I try to not support Douche bags.

10. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Agreed...when you have products like the P226 and P229 there's no need for gimmicks.

11. Junior966

Junior966 New Member

I've heard ever since they brought in the new CEO they have been pushing the name and rep. Sig has built but the attention to detail and quality isn't what it use to be.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  12. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

Exactly. The gimmicky stuff is for the newcomers to the gun world.

13. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

I tried to find Sig's management tree to see where Kimber sits on the totem pole.