Sig Sauer P365 with a safety...

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by Slugo, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Slugo

Slugo Active Member

No, this is not mine, but I do have some interest in the P365 with safety and the extended mag. I have one on order... IMG_20190529_150827-660x495.jpg

2. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

Why? Not being a contrarian. Just curious.

Dallas53, IowaShooter and Slugo like this.

3. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

They still make pistols with safeties on them? :)

Rifling82 and IowaShooter like this.
  4. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

Just about every new 1911 I ever saw had more than one. :eek:

IowaShooter likes this.
  5. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Gross :)

Rifling82 likes this.
  6. youngridge

youngridge Well-Known Member

I’m excited for it and will buy it. Started shipping end of last week. Take ‘I don’t need a safety’ stuff else where, this is an added feature on an already great gun. I EDC a Glock 26 btw

7. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

When I carried the 1911 'cocked and locked' on duty (TEU), and off duty, I found the safety 'off' several times when I drew it from the holster.:eek: I never had a problem with it being 'on' when I was ready to shoot as part of the draw was to thumb the safety off. That said, anything you 'add' do the mechanics of operation is more to learn/teach and practice (Murphy is alive and well and living in your spare room). ;) That is why I am a STRONG advocate for the revolver for civilian carry/self defense.
    KISS, keep it simple and safe!!!:)

8. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

And I’m a big advocate of “If sweeping a safety down is too complicated for you maybe you should go around with a Baseball bat for SD.”.

Mister Dave, Fred_G, Dallas53 and 2 others like this.
  9. JimRau

Try and 'sweep' the safety on the 39 and 59 series S&W down and see what happens!;):eek:

Wambli likes this.
  10. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

Why would anyone put the safety on a DA Semi-Auto? When the CT Police department issues Beretta 92s the first thing that happened is all their guys learned to use the safety as a de-cocker ONLY...

Dallas53 likes this.
  11. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member Supporter

I guess a person could conclude from some comments made on this thread, that only LE officers are properly trained effectively in the use of semi-auto pistols? :rolleyes:

12. JimRau

I agree, but it is what it is!;)

Wambli likes this.
  13. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

True. Still, if anyone considers un-engaging a safety on a pistol too complicated, I still think they would be better off with a Louisville Slugger for SD... :D

Dallas53 likes this.
  14. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

I think a lot of folks assume that "normal" people can't handle a lot of things gun related. I believe this attitude is a bit arrogant. I have never approached someone in training with a pre-conceived notion of their capabilities. I think this is a disservice to the student.

Fred_G and Dallas53 like this.
  15. Dallas53

I totally agree. I think it comes to the individual, and NOT assuming anything about that person, or their capabilities. The ability to learn is always there if that person is willing to learn.

Fred_G likes this.
  16. JimRau

You do as you train!:) If you are a 1911 person that is not a problem, BUT if you are not that can be a problem. Case in point. In 1988 we, CSPD, transitioned to the 5906 from our M19 S&W revolvers. Well I had been a 1911/Hi-Power guy for MANY years both duty (TEU) and off duty so I was very familiar with the 'auto'. Well a short time after we changed over I had a horse break a leg and had to put it down.:( So I took my 'new' 5906 put it to the horses head, 'swiped' the 'safety' DOWN and pulled the trigger and you can guess what happened.:eek: I DID AS I HAD TRAINED FOR YEARS!:oops: Well I thought 'what if this had have been a bandit and my life was on the line'!!! So the very next day I put all my beloved 1911/Hi-Powers up for sale and conditioned my self to think 'draw and fire' ONLY! NO MORE safeties, just think the same as I had with my DA revolver. Enter a 'new' shooter (civilian SD), and the simplest weapon is the one you want, as VERY FEW of them will take the time to get proficient with the 'auto' as the learning curve is 5+ times that of the revolver! No safeties or slides or magazines, or 'immediate action drills'!:cool: Keep It Simple and Safe.:D

17. JimRau

I don't know where you get that idea, but I can tell you that LEO's are REQUIRED to train and qual on a regular basic and those civilians who carry a gun for SD are not, nor should they be. It has been my EXPERIENCE;) after being in LE for 45+years and training 100's, if not 1000's, of both LEO's and civilians, in general, LEO's are NOT gun people! Thus LEO's need to train and qual to be able to do their job! There are a FEW, DAMN FEW, civilians who do train to become at least as proficient as LEO's, some even more proficient than LEO's, but they are truly a minority. ;)

18. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

I'm not a cop basher and never had been. Matter of fact I wanted to become a LEO, but my wounds from Vietnam disqualified me from the job. I basically lost the middle of one leg (its fused) and one eye.
    BUT.....When I lived in MN, the local police dept and city (or should I say schitty council) council were into their anti gun mode in the early 80's.
    Well, low and behold, it turns out the police CHIEF of all people is practicing "quick draw" with his loaded gun and blows a hole in his leg.
    Meanwhile, in their arrogance at the city hall meeting they are giving us a ration of their democratic BS.!
    I've seen some cops who would be great on a national match team..... I even shot with one in CMP.
    I've also seen cops who had RUST on there 586 and it would not even FUNCTION!!!
    I hope he never gets into a "shoot out".

JimRau and Dallas53 like this.
  19. Dallas53

IMO, my observations and experiences show just the opposite of what you are saying to be true. Now if I'm wrong, and you have some factual proof to show that I'm wrong, I'm sure that others would like to see the facts that support your statements, just as I would like to see it.

From what I have seen in the past, many in LE qualify just enough to pass, to be able to carry a gun. Many never set foot on a range until time for them to pass qualifications, and then they only barely get by. Some I have seen couldn't hit the side of a barn standing inside that barn! That isn't proficiency IMO by any standard. That is simply just getting by on what is required for them to maintain the ability to carry a firearm.

Jim, you can believe whatever you want, as that is your right, but unless you have some factual proof to the contrary, supporting your statements, it's simply what you want to believe, which doesn't make it fact, regardless of how much you want to be. So please show is proof, or simply admit you are wrong about something.

Rifling82 likes this.
  20. JimRau

You ask me for 'facts', but you say your "observations and experiences show just the opposite". So let me see YOUR FACTS to back up your 'observations and experiences'!!!:rolleyes: I would suggest that my 'observations and experiences' in this area are FAR greater and more valid than yours since what we are talking about, LEO's and training people, has been my profession, both in LE and as an instructor of both civilians and LEO's for the last 45+ years, AND STILL IS. So again what 'information/experience/contacts' do you base your opinions on????? Am I wrong here? Who is more 'creditable' in this area, me or you???;) I think if a little common sense is applied here and you are capable of admitting that your 'dealings' with the 'people' we are discussing here are are but a very small fraction of mine. I know you despise me, but just be honest here, PLEASE!!:rolleyes: