Sig sauer p226?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Sig9mm, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Sig9mm

Sig9mm New Member

Im looking for a good target pistol and while doing research I discovered the p226 in 9mm and all the videos I have watched on the gun seem to be very positive. Let me know if you guys think this would be a good target gun.

2. mdemotte

mdemotte New Member

Sig 226 and 229 are fantastic just about everything guns!!! Target, Home defense etc!! I would say Glock 19 and 17 are on par with them. The glocks run $150-$200 cheaper (or more)

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

The 226 is a great gun and you won't be disappointed with it. When you get a minute stop by the intro section and tell everyone a little bit about yourself.

4. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I just got a 229 E2 with a SRT, love it. 250 rounds through it with not a single issue. My nephew has a 226 and feels the same. I prefer the 226 for the size, it fits my hand like a glove with the new ergo grips.

I shot about a dozen pistols before settling on the Sig. Even put a few hundred rounds through a Glock 19, great pistol, but not for me. The Sig is better balanced IMO.

My one complaint is I don't love the Nitron finish, it scratches quite easily. But other than that, I love my Sig

I bought my 229 brand new for $656, with Sig night sights and the SRT, which I strongly favor over the standard reset trigger. PM me if you're interested, I'll point you in the right direction.

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

The sigs are good, solid, reliable pistols. Combat accurate, plus. My only complaints are the high bore axis that gives them a bit more flip than some other pistols in the same caliber, and the expense of their mags.

6. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I've shot XDs and M&Ps; compared to those the Sig's bore axis is moderate and IMHO quite manageable. I personally had a serious issue with bore axis on the XDM, I had a great deal on one and passed due to it.

I personally found the Sig very comfortable in that regard, then again I am not comfortable shooting a Glock which is a nice low bore axis.

Mags ain't cheap that's the truth...

7. billt

billt New Member

I have a couple of Sig P-226's. A P-226 SCT, and a Stainless Elite. Both are good, accurate, solid running guns. Sig builds a quality weapon for the price. Mine have had several thousand rounds down the pipe, and I honestly can't remember one single FTF or FTE with either of them. They can be a bit pricey, especially the Stainless Elite, but it is a beautiful, well crafted weapon. Some people prefer the P-229 with it's slightly shorter barrel, but I've always prefered a full size gun to the shorter models. As always your mileage may vary.

8. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Very nearly perfect!:p

9. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

The P226 is a great gun. I have one in .357 Sig that is a great shooter.
    However, I would not recommend the P226 in .357 Sig as a target
    pistol. The ammo is just too expensive.

10. eric1229

eric1229 New Member

I have a sig p226 dak in 40 s&w and is a sweet gun. Extremely accurate n eats wutever i wanna feed it. No regrets wutsoever. Shot many a pistols and this is at the top. SIG SAUR: to hell and back reliability!!!

11. eric1229

eric1229 New Member

Also my sig p226 can convert to a 357 sig by swaping the barell too. Uses same mag, must a barell swap, never dun it tho

12. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

The Sig P226 is one of the most reliable, proven handguns ever made. You cannot go wrong with it.

13. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

You just have to wrap your head around the price...

14. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I will wrap my head around the cost of a Sig every time. Quality counts, especially if my or my kids lives are on the line.

15. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

True, I got mine for a great price, had I not I don't think I would have bought one...

16. capto56

capto56 New Member

What's a great price? I'm curious if I got a good deal or not on mine

17. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I buy mine at the LE rate...honestly not sure what a great price is outside of that.

18. capto56

capto56 New Member

What's le rate?

19. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

The law enforcement price. I'll have to look at my last receipt to know the exact amount.

20. capto56

capto56 New Member

Gotchya. I bought mine new for $750. I cant say it's good or bad but from what I researched online I felt it was a feasible price for a high quality gun