Sig Sauer P2022

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Jynx, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Jynx

Jynx New Member

Sig Sauer SP2022

This is my first official slide gun. Got a great deal on it, so I figured what the hell... Time for me to become a little more "modernized" I guess. Not to mention that 9mm rounds are sooooooo much cheaper and easier to come by that what I usually pop off. Not too sure how well we're going to get along (me being the hardcore revolver girl that I am). I'm damn excited though. Have heard some wonderful things about the Sigs. Taking it out for the 1st time tomorrow.

Anyone have any reviews/tips they'd like to share? This is a whole new ballgame for me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  2. Missileman

Missileman New Member

Congrats! The Pro-9 was my fist SIG also, and I've never had any problems with it at all. The only thing I might change is to smooth up the double action trigger pull--for some reason I have a problem over-reaching the trigger on this pistol which makes for a difficult pull and bad accuracy--just need to remember to pull with the end of my finger. But the quality is first rate and it is a joy to shoot. Let me know how your trigger feels after a few hundred rounds through it--mine has smoothed up and lightened up a little, although it wasn't bad to start with. Good luck!

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The Sig snobs will give you the cold shoulder as they aren't fans of the poly Sigs. I've owned a SigPro in 9mm and .40 and I found them to be great guns. I think you'll enjoy it...

4. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Never get to old to try new things.

Have fun and post us a range report.

5. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

i find it hard to believe you wont enjoy the hell out of shooting that nice new pistol....;)

6. jimbobpissypants

jimbobpissypants New Member

Good for you! I would also like to try a poly Sig. Just haven't found a deal I can't turn down, yet.

7. Jynx

Jynx New Member

Well, didn't get to take it out this morning like I wanted. Ended up having a lovely gas-pipe leak at my house that I had to take care. BUT, I did spend some time tearing it down and getting to know it this morning while I was waiting for the gas guys to come. For a beginner auto pistol, it is surprisingly simple to figure out. Me not being a hardcore expert on the subject, I can definitely appreciate that.

Friday is my next day off. I'll spend some more quality time with it then.

8. karateguy28

karateguy28 New Member

great pistol, it was my first gun also. about 500-600 rounds through with no problems. wonderful gun.