Sig Sauer Overview, Introduction, Field Stripping and Function in HD Video

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Amsdorf, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

I made the following video as an introduction to the Sig Sauer P226 including a history of its developments, its features, how to field strip it and a shooting demonstration, along with a summary of results with the particular pistol featured in the video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ma93rt8FK8[/ame]

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Ahh the p226. People either love them or hate them. I like it. Gotta love the grip just wish it was a little thicker.

3. demonsees80

demonsees80 New Member

I know it's not the same gun but kind of is, I just got my daughters a mosquito and these guns are amazing. I put 500 rounds of 36 grain federal hollow points through it and not one single failure. Perfect

4. Don Davis

Don Davis New Member

Thanks for the video.

I love my Sig P226 X5

[​IMG]

It is dead on accurate

:cool:

5. capto56

capto56 New Member

Get the hogue finger groove grip for it. Makes it thicker and it fits like a glove. I feel like I can't let it go.

Attached Files:

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Same ones for the p229? Not seeing them for the p226.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Nevermind I found them at the hogue sight and get a 10% discount. Thanks

8. capto56

capto56 New Member

I just recently bought my 226 and my grip didn't come with screws. If you need screws and have a newer model, the p226 grip screws from the hogue website are too short. They ended up sending me some for p229 which ended being too long and wouldn't allow the mag to slide in. I ground them down a touch and everything works perfectly

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Oh great! Thanks for the info. I just told my buddy about them. I'll have to share that info with him. Lucky for him I'll do the fitting work for free.

10. capto56

capto56 New Member

No problem. Hogues cs is pretty outstanding. Check the thread I started about it. Worked with me continuously to get the grip fitting right. Even sent me a free grip after a couple different problems. Now i have an extra one I'm considering modifying.

See how it sticks out a little further on the left? It causes my thumb to be unable to reach the decocker and the slide release unless I change my grip to stretch my thumb. I want to sand the other grip down a bit and see if it will help out any.

Attached Files:

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Oh wow. I'd almost think that was setup for a south paw.

12. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I love my new P226. In fact I love all of my Sig firearms.

Attached Files: