Sig Sauer mosquito

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by TerminalE3, Oct 4, 2012.

1. TerminalE3

TerminalE3 New Member

Looking to get a sig sauer mosquito for the wife and I to plink around with. Anyone have one, if so do you like it?

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on them. Mainly feeding issues. Hopefully an owner will come along and state their opinion.

3. TerminalE3

TerminalE3 New Member

Yea I've heard a few mixed reviews with the early models. Dunno about the newer ones. I'm mostly used to single action .45. But think it might be a fun lil gun.

4. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

I've had one for a year. I love it. Like most 22s you'll get some mis fires but Besides that, great gun.

5. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

my son has one. we shot it alot the last time we got together and it worked flawless. I think he bought it used so I don't know if it is a newer or older one, only that his shot good

6. TerminalE3

TerminalE3 New Member

Nice, thanks for the info. Did you guys use any certain brand of high grade ammo like cci mini mags? Or just bulk cheap ammo and still worked fine?

7. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

i have one of the first models to come out.

it will not cycle to pick up the next round outta the magazine with bulk federal or winchester rounds. it only likes HV rounds, it shoots remington golden bullets well, and likes cci mini-mags, and stingers. the cci's have a heavy wax coating on them that the lil pistol does not like tho.........especially in the heat of the summer.

i've tried both springs, and it still will not cycle correctly with the non-HV rounds.

shoots really well, but don't drop it on it's sight.........they are a plastic-type material. mine fell outta my truck, and bent the rear dovetail. rear sight has an adjustment screw to dial it in. comes with front sight, and 2 replaceable ones.............in all, tall, medium, and short.

8. lilnoug

lilnoug New Member

Most of the time I use CCI mini mags but I also use cheap bulk ammo as well.

9. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

We shot almost all Remington bulk golden bullets. He has many mags(around 8) and we used them all (they all worked fine). It was more accurate than I expected. If they all shot like his, they would be great guns. I have heard many bad reviews for them but his is excellent.

10. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

its shoots good, but mine is very picky on ammo. it loves CCI mini mags. had big trouble with federal bulk, and winchester. its fun to shoot though.

11. SquirrelMurder

SquirrelMurder New Member

LOVE mine. Shoots great as long as you use 40 grain ammo, personally use blazers ammo. I have a two toner that is PRETTY! Very fun plinker!

12. TerminalE3

TerminalE3 New Member

Damn I want one for the wife and I to plink around with. Just gotta find one for the tight price

13. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I love Sig's but I think the M&P 22 is a better pistol, I however own neither but have shot the M&P.

14. Rockjeep94

Rockjeep94 New Member

My son loves his works great with cci or centurion ammo

ForumRunner_20121006_092309.jpg

15. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

I bought mine new. Ran two mags of CCI through it first, after cleaning the factory schmutz out of it. I've run quite a few brands through it with no repetitive snafus.

Winchester Xpert HP
    Winchester Hv
    CCI minimags
    Remington golden bullet
    Remington viper
    Remington subsonic
    Aguila supersniper
    Federal champion
    federal lightning

Along with some random crap from the bottom of an auction box.

16. markw2011

markw2011 New Member

My father in law has one. It will only fire CCI mini mags. Jams on everything else. It's a sweet little pistol but useless because its way too ammo finicky. Terribly unreliable.

17. utf59

utf59 New Member

I've got an older one. It sucks out loud.

A friend has a newer one. It's flawless.

18. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Good little pistol. Some of them don't feed the K-Mart blue light special ammo at first.

Mine wouldn't. But after a few bricks of Remingtons and Stingers for break in, it will feed anything.

Remember that any rimfire pistol, even $5000 custom built target jobs will misfire, or FTF once in a while. That's just the nature of rimfire.

19. 4sig

4sig New Member

Had mine for just about a year. HAd problems with bulk ammo and even with CCI MiniMags had a 5-10% failure rate. Told sig they had me send it to them. They reamed out the breach end of the bbl and now maybe 1 FTE or less per hundred. No charge from Sig and they covered shipping cost both ways.