Firearms Talk banner

Sig sauer at Walmart!

7K views 52 replies 22 participants last post by  mkett39 
#1 ·
I went into my local wally world and spotted a sig sauer rifle in the case they had both a .22 and 5.56 thinking about a possible purchase but wanted to get a few opinions first. Any input would help. Thank you all in advance

#7 ·
sputnik1988 said:
I've never seen a sign at any Walmart.

Concealed carry, they can't say anything if they don't know its there.
True but what's the point. In Alabama if there is a sign that says no weapons then you can't carry. And if you do sure no one will know but if you for some reason you have to draw your weapon then you are going to be in just as much trouble as the BG. I guess serving time in jail is better than serving time in the ground.

#8 ·
True but what's the point. In Alabama if there is a sign that says no weapons then you can't carry. And if you do sure no one will know but if you for some reason you have to draw your weapon then you are going to be in just as much trouble as the BG. I guess serving time in jail is better than serving time in the ground.
I meant if there is no sign, I bet there's not.

That sucks about the law down there. In KY, they can ask you to leave, that's it.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread vtfilamguy, I've seen those Sigs at Walmart here too.

#9 ·
Yea sorry about that. I was really the one who hi jacked it. That's probably all they would do hear. I'll check to make sure tho.

I have not seen any sig,s ware I'm from but it has bin a month or 2 since I have bin in there. I have seen a lot of AR's tho.

#10 ·
Yea sorry about that. I was really the one who hi jacked it. That's probably all they would do hear. I'll check to make sure tho.

I have not seen any sig,s ware I'm from but it has bin a month or 2 since I have bin in there. I have seen a lot of AR's tho.
The ones that I've seen are A2 profile HBARs with a Magpul fore end, they aren't real pretty, but to each his own I guess.

#13 ·
Unnngh?

Guns to me are like Cigars. Sometimes I just want something cheap to chew on but other times...I want something smooth and expensive.

I only buy cigars in cigar shops because these people need to "sell cigars" to stay in business. I live to spend time in there shops and appreciate them ordering me in my preference if it's not in stock.

Could I get a cigar at Wal Mart? Sure. Would it be cheaper? Sure. Am I willing to put my favorite store out of business to save a few bucks at Wal Mart? F>{K NO!

Tell me, where are your grand kids going to buy there guns after all of you penny pinchers run the independent FFL's out of business trying to save $20 on a $900 gun?:rolleyes:

Please, do not give your gun money to big box retailers who:
A. Don't need gun sales
B. Are publicly traded and 1 mass shooting/media event away from droping gun sales.
C. Are staffed by people who don't know a barrel from a but stock.

To do so is gun rights suicide.

Tack

#16 ·
After the '94 clinton anti-gun ban, Wallyworld stopped carrying anything that looked tactical for a few years. I guess they got over it.

#22 ·
Tackleberry1 said:
Unnngh?

Guns to me are like Cigars. Sometimes I just want something cheap to chew on but other times...I want something smooth and expensive.

I only buy cigars in cigar shops because these people need to "sell cigars" to stay in business. I live to spend time in there shops and appreciate them ordering me in my preference if it's not in stock.

Could I get a cigar at Wal Mart? Sure. Would it be cheaper? Sure. Am I willing to put my favorite store out of business to save a few bucks at Wal Mart? F>{K NO!

Tell me, where are your grand kids going to buy there guns after all of you penny pinchers run the independent FFL's out of business trying to save $20 on a $900 gun?:rolleyes:

A. Don't need gun sales
B. Are publicly traded and 1 mass shooting/media event away from droping gun sales.

Tack
^^^^^This! Well said and I couldn't agree more! How many mom and pop grocery stores and small retails have the big boxes like Walmart put out of business already?! Think long and hard about where you spend your money! Do you really want your children to be forced into buying firearms from a big box? Sold to them by some 18 year old that has never even fired a gun? Makes me sick!

Fetep

#23 ·
Tackleberry1 said:
Unnngh?

A. Don't need gun sales

Tack
Couldn't agree more!

#24 ·
Tackleberry1 said:
Unnngh?

A. Don't need gun sales

Tack
Grate way to put it. Even my wife fells the same. She bought a bunch of that 7.62x39 z max ammo from the shop I always go to. I told her I don't even have a gun chambered for that. She said I know I just wonted to help them out. I asked her why she did not get ammo for a gun I have. She said she just grabbed something.
I am now using me having 5 boxes of ammo for a gun I don't have to get another gun. AK 47 hear I come.

#25 ·
lbwar15 said:
Grate way to put it. Even my wife fells the same. She bought a bunch of that 7.62x39 z max ammo from the shop I always go to. I told her I don't even have a gun chambered for that. She said I know I just wonted to help them out. I asked her why she did not get ammo for a gun I have. She said she just grabbed something.
I am now using me having 5 boxes of ammo for a gun I don't have to get another gun. AK 47 hear I come.
Tell her to buy us all some 556 next time!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.