Sig sauer at Walmart!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by vtfilamguy, Jul 11, 2012.

1. vtfilamguy

vtfilamguy New Member

I went into my local wally world and spotted a sig sauer rifle in the case they had both a .22 and 5.56 thinking about a possible purchase but wanted to get a few opinions first. Any input would help. Thank you all in advance

2. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

You know what I dont understand about Walmart. They sell guns but they won't let you carry a gun in the store. It's just about money to them. Sad sad sad.

3. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

They let me carry fine, perhaps just your store?

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I think it's more the anti's in the store, whether it be shoppers or employees than it is management...

5. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Well regardless it sucks. All these anti gun fruit smoothies just need to live in a bubble.

I thought it was walmarts everywhere that did not allow it. I guess I need to see if it says it on the door.

6. sputnik1988

I've never seen a sign at any Walmart.

Concealed carry, they can't say anything if they don't know its there.

7. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

True but what's the point. In Alabama if there is a sign that says no weapons then you can't carry. And if you do sure no one will know but if you for some reason you have to draw your weapon then you are going to be in just as much trouble as the BG. I guess serving time in jail is better than serving time in the ground.

8. sputnik1988

I meant if there is no sign, I bet there's not.

That sucks about the law down there. In KY, they can ask you to leave, that's it.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread vtfilamguy, I've seen those Sigs at Walmart here too.

9. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Yea sorry about that. I was really the one who hi jacked it. That's probably all they would do hear. I'll check to make sure tho.

I have not seen any sig,s ware I'm from but it has bin a month or 2 since I have bin in there. I have seen a lot of AR's tho.

10. sputnik1988

The ones that I've seen are A2 profile HBARs with a Magpul fore end, they aren't real pretty, but to each his own I guess.

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I haven't seen Sig in Walmart. But i just saw couple of Colt ARs there yesterday.

12. dirtysancho

dirtysancho New Member

Saw the sig ar15 in full out mag pull for pretty cheap as far as ar's go. I'm also thinking of buying one just not sure if I get it in 5.56 or 308 it's a buy in my book

13. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Unnngh?

Guns to me are like Cigars. Sometimes I just want something cheap to chew on but other times...I want something smooth and expensive.

I only buy cigars in cigar shops because these people need to "sell cigars" to stay in business. I live to spend time in there shops and appreciate them ordering me in my preference if it's not in stock.

Could I get a cigar at Wal Mart? Sure. Would it be cheaper? Sure. Am I willing to put my favorite store out of business to save a few bucks at Wal Mart? F>{K NO!

Tell me, where are your grand kids going to buy there guns after all of you penny pinchers run the independent FFL's out of business trying to save $20 on a $900 gun?:rolleyes:

Please, do not give your gun money to big box retailers who:
    A. Don't need gun sales
    B. Are publicly traded and 1 mass shooting/media event away from droping gun sales.
    C. Are staffed by people who don't know a barrel from a but stock.

To do so is gun rights suicide.

Tack

14. Mdrums

Mdrums New Member

I've been in a lot of Walmarts in about 7 states in the south east and a few up north. Never had any issues concealing a gun in a Walmart.

15. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Open carry is very common here in Wyoming. I have never seen amyone have a problem carrying a sidearm in a Walmart.:)

16. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

After the '94 clinton anti-gun ban, Wallyworld stopped carrying anything that looked tactical for a few years. I guess they got over it.

17. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

The Walmarts here don't carry any firearms at all.. Just ammo

18. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

The walmarts here have sigs but also told me they shouldnt carry them and that assault rifles are evil and blah blah. But an 1100$ gun for 900$ is attractive

19. MrWray

MrWray New Member

These are from one of the walmarts by me, they have Colt, DPMS, and Sig. They had one sig that was dressed out in OD Magpul accessories.

20120622_132403-1.jpg

20120622_132517-1.jpg

20. dirtysancho

dirtysancho New Member

I knew I wasn't smoking crack, the sig was less than a grand too if I remember right, thinking of going to buy one