Sig sauer 556 swat

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by screach, Oct 20, 2013.

1. screach

screach New Member

Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a good semi/auto capable rifle, and was wondering what you guys would suggest, and if the sig 556 swat would be a good choice...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

What do you plan to assault?

3. screach

screach New Member

It's more of a training rifle than anything.

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I would buy an HK G36. An excellent assault rifle. Going to war? :confused:

5. screach

screach New Member

No I just want a good rifle to become proficient with.

6. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I don't build assault rifles. I build sporting and self defense rifles. The Sig 556 SWAT Patrol is a great rifle. I used to have a Sig 556 SWAT Patrol but it's very proprietary. It's a very good rifle but for less money you could get an Argyle Armoring 5.56B rifle and it's non-proprietary.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  7. screach

screach New Member

Ok, I'll look into it, when you say proprietary what do you mean?

8. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Very few aftermarket parts available. You can't just throw on AR-15 parts and have them work.

9. screach

screach New Member

Ya I was noticing that and the lack of a heavy barrel option, can you give me a pi of the argyle armory gun?

10. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

I have had mine for over 4 years...
    Great rifle IMHO.
    the folding stock will pinch the hell out of you...when cleaning the firing pin will launch with force if you are not prepared for release...and the only FTF's I have experienced have been from easing the chamber-you must pull it back and let it slam as no charging plunger....just like an AK.

In fact I can dissemble an AR, the .556, and an AK and easily observe the parts of each Sig used. With my Eotech I consider it a very competent platform to 100yds, with magnification it might surprise my more.

11. mtnbadger

mtnbadger New Member

I really like my sig 556 but it has a few problems. Just like someone already said there aren't many after market parts. Also it is very front heavy especially with the folding stock. Although it has worked well for me so far and I've had no problems.

12. Hobbit712

Hobbit712 New Member

As a newbie to the assault/defense rifle area I recently bought a new 556. I have only shot it twice so far but I love it. I will grant you I am a bit of a Sig fanboy though. I tend to not to buy things that everyone else has. Whether its a gun or other hobby/collection. So the lack of aftermarket did not influence my decision much. I plan on putting a few accessories on it but not overly so. Great choice as far as I am concerned.

13. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Wow the libtards have even brainwashed firearm enthusiasts into calling them assault rifles. *facepalm*

14. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The only Sig 5.56 that I've worked on was an assault rifle.
    Leo entry weapon.

15. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

My bad I guess, I didn't realize they we're talking about select fire weapons.

16. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I wouldn't gaurantee that they were. If I say it, I am.
    Lol
    Wow that was one hell of a spellcheck fail.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  17. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

ummm....What?

18. Hobbit712

Hobbit712 New Member

Hmmmmm........I don't really feel brainwashed. :eek:

Cannot I not assault something with this rifle? ;)

19. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Hobbit, it is a matter of negative connotations around the the qualifying adjective, assault. Much like 'sniper'.
    If I make a forward advance on a fortified position with a broom handle, it could be considered an assault weapon. If you kill a hog with a AR, it is a hunting weapon. If you spent so much on it that you won't get it dirty, it is a collector weapon. Furthermore, if an AR is used to commit murder...it is a murder weapon. Blanket associations of firearms with any potentially nefarious suggestion of intended use has fallen out of conversational acceptance for most.
    No biggie...

20. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter