Sig Sauer 556 Classic.

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Wrecked, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Wrecked

Wrecked New Member

Hello all,

I have done quite a few searches on this forum for info / opinions of the Sig 556. The only good thread I found was about 2 1/2 years old. So, I am looking for more recent info / opinions. Price seems to be a non issue at this point, since the Sig 556 can be obtained for about the same price as an off the shelf AR.

Thanks,

Wrecked

2. chewchew

chewchew New Member

I've got the 556 sig pistol and it makes a good noise but you can hit anything with it. I wish I had bought the rifle instead. One good thing is, I bumpfired it with a rubberband about 90 times and it never jammed and dumped 30 rounds in 3 seconds. That was a couple of years ago and I haven't fired it since. Sig makes good guns.

3. dickpalmer

dickpalmer New Member

Register it with NFA and put a stock on it.

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I have a friend that had a Sig 556 that had a piston system in it. It is a nice looking rifle but was heavy as hell, heavier than i care to lug around. He got rid of it and bought a Larue Tactical.

5. ptco911

ptco911 New Member

I have a 5.56 rifle. As the previous poster stated, it is a little front heavy but it is very accurate and reliable as a battle rifle should be.

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I would bypass the SIG and get a Colt 6920 or BCM for the same money. Both have better track records than the SIG.

7. Wrecked

Wrecked New Member

I have been looking at the Colt, I am leaning towards an AR platform. There are so many accessories and upgrades for the AR it's hard not lean that way. :)