Sig Sauer 522 LR

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by nimzox, Apr 4, 2012.

1. nimzox

nimzox New Member

Anybody own or have experience with the Sig 522? I was looking at one the other day, and it seemed like a decent semi auto 22 rifle. What are your thoughts on this gun?

2. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I have one and love it. Honestly it is overpriced and there are many cheaper options out there but ive definitely had my moneys worth in fun with it.

[​IMG]

3. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Great rifle. If you look around you should be able to pick one up around for $400. Mine has been 100% I just need a different optic. Can't hit crap with the holographic sight I have.

4. nimzox

nimzox New Member

Thanks guys, seems like you both like the rifle. By the way, does it rapid fire well without jamming?

5. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Mine does. Did 4 mag dumps in a row (100 rds)... no problems. I was using Remington mega box ammo.

6. nimzox

nimzox New Member

Good to know.....think I might pick one up. (the one I saw was like $500 though) What kind of sight you got on yours Ninja?

7. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

A Cheap red/green dot. Tasco pro dot. Picked it up at Wal-Mart for about $35. Works well for simple target shooting.

8. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

They have pro points on there but they are about twice what you paid. I actually have a Tru glo that I picked up at dicks for about what you paid. Not a big fan of it though. Think you made out nicely.

10. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Ive looked to see if I could find my exact model but, I have yet to find it again. I forget the exact model number off hand. Ill check after I get off from work.

11. mag318

mag318 Member

The 522 is a fun rifle and has great build quality. I like mine but have to admit I like my S&W M&P15-22 even more.

Attached Files:

12. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I looked at the M&P when I bought my Sig. I had to decide between the two. The S&W was $100 for than the Sig. I was already crazy for spending $500 on a .22lr, but there was no way I was spending $600 for one.

13. mag318

mag318 Member

That's a ridiculous high price wherever you're shopping. I just bought the below M&P15-22 MOE FDE model for $480 so you must have priced the Performance Center version. The MOE model is usually considered the top of the line, except for the PC version.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  14. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

This was 2 years ago. I'm sure the prices have dropped since then.