Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
If those are your choices available, I would say the Sig wins hands down personally.

It's a well built piece, the fit and finish is nice and the weapon feels good in the hand, but all 1911's feel good in my hands for some reason. :rolleyes:

With the "Tactical Rail" I think that is an idea that's time never came, has stayed too long, and needs to die out a quick death. You don't need a $700 combination light and laser on the bottom of your pistol. I understand there COULD be an application for it, but they make rails for $50 that you can drill and tap onto an existing gun, you don't need to mass produce and entire line of pistols for it.

Of the choices, the Sig is a very good one, the only thing I would suggest is getting the night sights and having a trigger job done. The two that I have held, one I shot and one I played with at the Shot Show last year, had a less than great trigger on them. A little tuning and I think it would be a real nice piece for you.

JD

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
It depends on WHAT aftermarket part you would be buying, some would drop right in, some would require MINOR gunsmith help to put in and some are completely custom fit. That is the same for ANY 1911 though - so you aren't getting something that is WAY out of spec and needs everything to be hand fitted....

As for the trigger, it's pretty simple on the surface, there is a set screw in the front of the trigger, at least on most of them, you adjust a little here, or a little there and do your basic tuning. The real mastery is when you get inside and start messing with the sear engagement and things of that nature.

JD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.