Sig Sauer 10lb Trigger Pull for CCW?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by CJx, Aug 25, 2013.

1. CJx

CJx New Member

Does the heavy trigger pull of most Sig Sauers affect ability to shoot accurately and quickly when drawing double action from a holster? I'm looking at different guns for concealed carry like a glock 19, walther pps/ppq, sig p229, and the first 3 guns have like a 5lb trigger pull double action, while Sigs seem to usually have a 10lb pull DA.

I would think that the heavy trigger pull of a Sig would pull your shot off marginally, which would be bad in a self defense situation. Of course you would have to practice practice practice the Sig trigger pull or any gun, but. I know also you need a heavy pull on the Sig due to no ext safeties, but if it throws off aim is it worth it? Anyone have experience to share?

Btw: I have this posted in the Sig Sauer forum but i just noticed the CCW subforum, and the Sig forum doesn't get too much traffic as it is...

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

That's my issue with DAO pistols. I mean, the pull is already six miles long, why does it need two men and a boy to bring the trigger back? I reckon that's my reason for loving the LDA Para's.

3. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

You do know sig has a p229 DAK with a doa trigger with a 6.5lb pull
    pps is 6.5lb

ppq is 5.6lb

glock is 5.5

Now with the DAK sig trigger you can pick the one that fits your hand best as these are all close enough to not matter.

4. CJx

CJx New Member

I love the feel of a sig sauer. I would have to buy a p229 DAK for concealed carry.

5. CJx

CJx New Member

I found an even better alternative than a P229, the P250. P250 is DAO but only has 1 tigger reset instead of 2, with a 5.5 lb trigger pull, sounds completely perfect.