Sig Pro 2022

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Artyom, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Artyom

Artyom New Member

This gun perked my interest and I have thought about putting it on my list of guns to own. I have seen it online fairly cheap on multiple websites especially if it is used. My question is, why is this type of Sig pistol so cheap as compared to many of the others? Sig is a very good brand and the prices seem very good on the pro 2022 from what I've researched. Has anyone had experience with this gun before who can vouch for or against it?

2. viper7342

viper7342 New Member

The Sig SP2022 IMHO is one of the hidden treasures of the Sig line, I have one of these pistols in 9mm with night sights, I have to say that it is extremely accurate and has a smooth DA trigger pull and a Crisp SA let off as well. It does however have a polymer frame which some fans of Classic Sig Sauer pistols don't find attractive. I read many reviews, before I purchased mine, as what I really wanted was a P226, I just couldn't justify almost 2 times as much money when nearly everyone I talked to that owned or had any experience with one really seemed to like them. YMMV.

3. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

I love mine that's for sure.

ForumRunner_20120112_230420.jpg

4. Artyom

Artyom New Member

It seems like it would be a really good carry piece. It looks small and very light.

5. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

I carried it for a while when my Bersa was in the shop and didn't really like it. It's a pretty stocky gun, and a double stack.

6. viper7342

viper7342 New Member

It would probably be a nice carry weapon, although, it is indeed blocky, I think it would be doable IWB or strong side/cross draw with a good belt and holster.

7. buysalot

buysalot New Member

I bought mine in .40 and love it. 99% of the research you do on this gun will come back with positive results. It shoots straight and have never had any problems out of it. Get one. You will not be disappointed.

8. unclesugg

unclesugg New Member

I got one in 9mm for target and never had a bad thing to say about it very accurate out of box. It is a polymer that's where the price difference comes in to play. Money very well spent I've put over 3000 rounds through it and still not a single gripe accept I need more ammo lol

ForumRunner_20120114_214309.jpg

9. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I own 2, both in a 40 cal. I purchased the first one for my wife and the reason we went it was because it was in deed a Sig and the ease in which she could rack the slide. We spent the better part if a day looking and testing out pistols and it came down to this and Walter in a 40 but they didn't have one. The trigger is good real smooth. She had a glock 26, Smith&Wesson 40 sigma, and she didn't Care for those and the trigger was so stiff that she was never consistent when shooting because her hand would shake when pulling the trigger. She is just a few hairs over 100lbs.
    She has no issues with the Sig. I'm not saying its a girl gun but it wouldn't make a bad choice that you would not be embarrased to shoot.

I got hers New with 3 dot night sights for $429 I got my gently used one for $350 with 3 magazines and standard i sights. I thought it was a good deal because the local shop charges $60 bucks for a magazine .

10. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

And a new light. :rolleyes:

11. unclesugg

unclesugg New Member

Just for a photo light not included nor owned

12. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Here are mine. I own 2 both 40's nuff said.

Attached Files:

13. Artyom

Artyom New Member

That might be a very good 40 cal for me to purchase in the future because my first handgun is going to be a 9mm.

14. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

I have a silly question. Do yours lock back on empty? Mine does not. I ran four mags through it today, and all four times it did not lock back.
    Is this just how this pistol is, or do I have a problem?

15. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

Yes, I shot 3 mags today and all 3 locked backed.

I put on a different recoil spring today and wasn't sure how it would perform, but except for one time going back into DA unexpectedly, it was fine.

It's pretty confusing as to which recoil spring to order when you look at Sig's site. I ended up getting it from Midway for 4 bucks anyway.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  16. unclesugg

unclesugg New Member

I have never had it not lock back before. Mine is chambered in 9mm but also I've been told to watch your grip the slide release is light not saying its your prob but could help

17. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

I contacted Sig CS and talked with an awsome guy. He told me to break it in with 200 rounds. He also told me the Winchester 115gr ammo I was using is loaded light, and that I should use Remington or Speer 124gr. He did tell me to watch my grip, or even try shooting it left handed, just to see if I was hitting the slide stop lever.
    I have not made it back out to try these things yet.
    I do say that I am very impressed with how it shot though. I have one group of 4 shots that can be covered with a quater. I shot this group from 21 feet.
    I like the gun, and I am happy with my purchase.

18. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

Here it is in diamond plate.

Attached Files:

19. unclesugg

unclesugg New Member

That is good to hear because I have shot those winchester's before just cause they were on sale lol guess I wont do that again

20. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member