Sig P938

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by Powersportgiant, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

Anyone own or have shot a sig P938? It's a great looking little gun to me as a BUG. Would like a little feedback on it.

2. marc29th

marc29th New Member

My sister's boyfriend just got one and loves it.

3. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I havnt got to shoot one but I have held one and it felt great. My sign on bonus at my new job may get spent on it to replace my ruger lc9.

4. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

I picked one of these and replaced my p290 as my summer carry gun. The 938 is a great gun shoots clean and love the 1911 style ergonomics. I went with the extreme because I have bigger hands so the 7 round mag and pinky extension helps a ton.

5. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

Oh my only complaint is finding more mags for it! Although the extreme did come with 2 of them 6 round flush and 7 round extended.

6. CarmelPaneristi

CarmelPaneristi New Member

I bought a p938 extreme a couple of months ago, replaced my p238. Very happy with it at the range and it is the gun I carry most often simply because it is the most comfortable. I am convinced it I the best overall set up for constant carry (size, caliber, concealment) etc. God knows I've pissed away enough money trying to get here. The thing that rings the most true is single action trigger. Most of the other guns this size (mainly .380acp) have a very long DAO trigger and are not that comfortable to shoot. I am happy.

7. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

Ya the DAO trigger on the p290 I didn't care for either. The long trigger pull took a long time to get used to and I had best results when staging the trigger which one can not do in the heat of the moment.

8. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I've posted this on other threads, but I have a nightmare model and have had some bad FTE issues. Out of the box it was around 20% FTE, it got a little better after a thorough cleaning and CLP bath. I am still going to send it in for repair this month.

Other than that it is the perfect size and very well made...it is solid.

9. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm gonna see if i can hunt one down.

10. CarmelPaneristi

CarmelPaneristi New Member

It pays to shop around and maybe even wait til more are released so you don't get gauged on the price. I have seen them as high as $800. I only paid $600 for mine at a local gun show (there were only three there). Came with two mags. Very happy.

11. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

I have gotten a few FTE issues with mine too. I'm still breaking it in. Going to try and get some federal and run it through and also some hornady hoping it will fix those issues.

12. tshoot91

tshoot91 New Member

My girlfriend has one, and we both love it.
    She was debating between the sig and a lc9, after pulling the trigger on each she choose the sig hands down.

13. wayno148

wayno148 New Member

Ambi safety

I would be more interested if it didnt have ambi safety:)

14. Colby

Colby New Member

Oh, Man!
    Why replace the lc9? It's a great gun. Excellent size for concealed carry, thin, shoots well, low recoil, ...

Maybe send it my way.

15. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

My wife uses the P238 for carry but would like to get the P938. I would like to get it for her if I could find a good price ...

16. engdude

engdude New Member

I purchased a P938 with black annodized stainless metal parts and rosewood grips (serial no. 52A031xxxx) on 30 Dec 2012 from Academy Sports and Outdoors. I've never owned a Sig Sauer before but I am a real fan of the 1911 platform and I was looking for a small carry pistol. When I found the P938 it felt right in my hand and was just an incredibly beautiful little gun. I do wish I would have done a little more research about the gun before I bought it. Upon getting it home, I disassembled the gun, cleaned it up and gave it a light lube and then took it out to test it. I was shocked and disappointed at the incredible number of failure to ejects I got with this gun. At least once every clip, it would not discharge the spent casing before trying to feed another. I didn't get any stove pipes - I knew to hold the gun tight since it was so small. I tried a variety of ammo including Winchester "white box" 115gr FMJ, UMC 115 gr FMJ, Federal 115gr, as well as several others. It also seemed to shoot hard to the left. I also noticed that the clip was extremely hard to insert the rounds into and seemed to really cut up the primer end of the brass - It looked like the round had been through a garbage disposal!

I took it home and cleaned everything up thinking, maybe Sigs have a different break-in period than some of the other guns I have owned. I left the rounds in the factory 6-round clip for a few days and worked the slide a few hundred times. I then took it to the range a few days later and had the same experiences. I even had a live round fail to fire and jam in the barrel. I have never had a brand new firearm do this before and I am very disappointed in the gun, especially given the cost. I can't believe a gun manufacturer would turn out a gun with such problems in the litigious society in which we live. I'm not the type to file frivilous lawsuits, I'm just sayin'.

I called up Sig Sauer and the customer service rep I spoke with was friendly (albeit overly rushed to deal with my call it seemed) and sent me by e-mail a pre-paid Fedex label to send the gun back for reworking. I think they must know the drill by now with the P938's.

I should get the gun back in about two weeks and I certainly hope what returns is a better firearm than what I sent back...we'll see.

17. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

With any mfg you will get a bad one. My P238 has not had a single malfunction so I am having a hard time deciding to trade it in on a P938. I guess I will just have to buy a 938 and keep them both.

18. engdude

engdude New Member

I'm hoping they do fix it. If I can get a properly functioning gun, it will be a keeper. Reading through the forums, it appears that Sig Sauer tries to make things right so that leaves me somewhat optimistic.

19. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I'd like to get a 938 at some point. At the moment i own two Sigs, a P238 & a P238HD. They are great shooters with zero problems. I also use the extended 7 round mags.

20. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

I shot my brand new 938 yesterday. 150 rounds of 3 different makes, and only had one failure to load. It was early on in the session, and after that, not another problem.