Sig P365

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by Ross82, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Ross82

Ross82 Well-Known Member Supporter

What's everyones thoughts on the Sig P365?

2. sigman84

sigman84 Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting to get my hands on one.

3. Ross82

Ross82 Well-Known Member Supporter

If it's really just a little thicker than a Glock 43, I'm in. 10+1 in a gun that small! Can't wait to handle it

sigman84 likes this.
  4. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I agree with Sigman84, I would like to shoot it, but at least handle it before I give an opinion. I like what I have see so far though. Particularly the 10+1

5. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Looks great. but on the other, ANYTHING from SIG-Saur really is great :)

sigman84 likes this.
  6. sigman84

sigman84 Well-Known Member

This is true.

7. IowaShooter

IowaShooter Well-Known Member Supporter

Today I got to see one 'in person'... I got to hold one, rack the slide, feel it... (Didn't dry fire it... Was ready to be shipped to someone)

It feels good and I like the night sights

I will rent one some day to see if the trigger is something I like.

It felt great in hand...

8. Greg_r

Greg_r Well-Known Member

Hickok45 has a video out on it. I watched enough to know that I have a concern. The grip is pretty thin front to back. I will have to hold one in hand and try the trigger before I buy. Dpends on where the trigger breaks wether I want one or not.

The gun itself is a lot smaller than I thought. Almost exactly the size of a G43. The GLOCK is actually longer. But yeah, I'm interested!

9. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

[QUOTE="IowaShooter, post: 1912798, . (Didn't dry fire it... Was ready to be shipped to someone)[/QUOTE]

You could have dry fired it until the cows came home without harming it in any way.

10. IowaShooter

IowaShooter Well-Known Member Supporter

You could have dry fired it until the cows came home without harming it in any way.[/QUOTE]

Yes- i know that... But the LGS i was in was not too excited about even letting me hold it (since it was sold)

locutus likes this.
  11. ifithitu

ifithitu Active Member

Haven't made up my mind yet,but thinking about buying the G43 or P 365.

Ross82 likes this.
  12. jeeperdave

jeeperdave New Member

A good article was printed in the April 2018 American Rifleman about the Sig P365. I am considering the P365 for carry, now to find one to see how it fits in my hand.

13. franco45

franco45 Member

The concept is good. The brand has a good reputation. I'm probably in when they become more available.

14. Daoust_Nat

The biggest gun store in Orlando apparently had 20 of them at the last gun show. They reportedly sold them out in an hour.

15. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I have not shot one but a friend did get one and I handled it. I liked it, but it is not 'twice' as good as my shield w/night sites, but it cost twice as much. Would I carry one, YOU BET, but I don't think I will becasue of the cost. If cost is not an issue I would highly recommend it. :)

16. Daoust_Nat

I have a friend who apparently got one of the 20 from the gun show. He put about 400 rounds through it and said it was flawless, but from about 15 yards it shot a couple inches low. He sent it back to Sig and they corrected the sights and it is returning to him now.

I hope to get to shoot it in the next week or so.

17. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I asked a couple of dealers about the p365 yesterday at Wanenmachers gunshow, and both said they weren't aware of any at the show.