Sig p320 Options (New Jersey)

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by NJExon, May 26, 2016.

1. NJExon

NJExon New Member

I'm looking to purchase my first handgun and I decided on the sig p320. It'll strictly be for the range since NJ doesn't allow ccw. Also for those of you who are not aware, NJ only allows 15 rounds per mag. So here are my options (correct me if im wrong)

I can get the full size 9mm and use a 10 round mag.
    Or I can get the compact with a 15 round mag.

I could also go with a full size .40 s&w with a 14 round mag, but im not crazy about that caliber.

I really am leaning toward the full size 9mm, but im not sure about the 10 rounds. What do you think my best option would be for a range gun?

Thanks

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I have the mid-size (compact??) with 15 round magazines. I dearly love it.

3. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

Well my first suggestion is to move away from that communist state. Second is full size 45 or compact 9mm

4. NotMormon

NotMormon Member

No ccp? Go full size 9mm and start pondering a relocation. Then you can buy another Sig when you have settled into an area that gives a crap about its citizens.

5. jeeperdave

jeeperdave New Member

Fortunately with the Sig P320 you can get Conversion kits and go from a compact to full size and from a 9mm to a 40 cal. Get the Sig P320 you can use now and convert it to something else later.

I have a Sig P320 40 cal full size, and convert it a compact 40 when a carry concealed. I just returned from Front Sight, Four day defensive handgun and received a Distinguished Graduate. I used it in a full size version for the course. It is a great weapon that you can call convert. Just my $0.02.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  6. dickie3625

dickie3625 New Member

Im in nj as well and got the compact so i can hold 15. If ur using 9mm might as well have as manh as possible

7. dickie3625

dickie3625 New Member

You can always buy the xchange kit later for full size.

8. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

You get a good amount of options with the P320.
    I have the 9mm Carry version and look to get a 457 conversion kit.

[​IMG]

9. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

From my experience, if you get the "carry" ytou'll like it so well you'll forget the full size.

That thing is near perfect,:D

10. dickie3625

dickie3625 New Member

Why would u get ther carry. Same grip as full without the benfit of the barrell. The grip is the hardest part to conceal

11. NJExon

NJExon New Member

Thanks for all the advice! I've decided to go with the 9mm compact. It arrives in about 3 days. I held one briefly in the past and my pinky seems to be a little smushed at the bottom of the grip. Anyone else have a similar problem?

12. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

Congrats, I'm sure you'll love it!