Sig P250 Compact

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by okdonk, Dec 19, 2011.

1. okdonk

okdonk New Member

2. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

My dad had either a gen 1 or gen 2 glock 23 and switched to a sig p250 compact in a .40 because he's always wanted a sig and is in love with it. He put in a new trigger to help shorten the pull and it shoots like a dream

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

The Sig P250 is relatively new, maybe 3-4 years since being released.

Interest in this gun has been very tempered, hence the bevy of brand new guns available for under $400. That's a couple hundred bucks below where they began, as I recall. I shot one and didn't like the trigger. Just generally didn't like the whole gun to be honest. But as far as function they're supposed to be pretty darn reliable.

Here's why I think the price has been reduced:

The Sig enthusiasts prefer the established and finely finished alloy models, so they swung and missed with that bunch. The Glock/XD/M&P crowd already have a polymer they like, and it's got a better trigger and more common parts and accessories than the P250. So they've found themselves without a strong target group, and have gone the Taurus route with these models (lowering prices) in order to pull in first time gun buyers and younger shooters. And by most accounts, it's probably not a bad gun for a newer shooter.

4. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

From what I understand they are crap. Even the dealer I use recommends against buying them.

5. BigIron2312

BigIron2312 New Member

I had one for a fee months...when I first got it, I thought I was gonna sell my glock and switch to sig. I liked it, alot...shot well with it, liked the way it felt, liked the way it came apart...but it was never reliable enough for me. It had about a 2-3% malfunction rate, and that's just too high for me in a defensive gun. I put about five hundred round through it, and it jammed about ten, twelve times, at random points through the session. Traded it for a Marlin 1894P and never looked back. About two months ago I bought a used Kahr CW40 for $300 and have never been happier with a three hundred dollar firearm.

6. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Yeah i changed my mind. I went into 2 local dealers 2 days ago to have a look at it but they have none. Which i assumed not so popular ;).

7. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

+1

Go with the Sig 2022 if you still want to buy Sig polymer gun. It doesn't have the poor history that the 250 has had.