Sig P238 Half Cocked Fire

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by LandMonster, Sep 8, 2013.

1. LandMonster

LandMonster New Member

Should this gun be able to fire from the half cocked position?

When I pull my hammer back to the half, both with and without a mag inserted, a pull of the trigger will drop the hammer.

My 1911s don't do this. It it normal for this gun?

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

3. jeffkaiser1989

jeffkaiser1989 New Member

next time im at the range i will test this. but mine does that two. in theory i dont believe it will have enough force to fire the round. but better safe than sry. it is why it has a safety. i carry mine cocked and locked with the safety on. i dont have it on half cocked often.

4. jeffkaiser1989

jeffkaiser1989 New Member

\[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjlaEFe-d9Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjlaEFe-d9Q[/ame]

5. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Have you ever heard the saying"Don't go off half cocked" :D
    The pistol shouldn't discharge when dropping the hammer from half cocked position,saying that I sure wouldn't drop the hammer from half cocked onto a live round pointing the muzzle at anything I was fond of.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

I have found that old saying quite odd. On the old muzzle-loading caplocks, the half-cocked position is the position of safety; the trigger cannot release the hammer in that position.

[wonders if lowly $300 bersa thunder380 will display such a malfunction] :p

7. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I have two thunder 380s and a bersa 45. Your statement made me curious. I couldn't really see what would be considered "half cocked" on the 380s and the 45 was either at full cocked or not.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

So, Bersa avoided even the risk of going off "half cocked"; GO BERSA.

9. LandMonster

LandMonster New Member

If you rearrange the letters in Bersa just a bit you get Bears. You love bears!