Sig p232

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by mwtx, Jan 30, 2008.

1. mwtx

mwtx New Member

Have any of you shot this gun? I am looking at getting the Sig p232 for my conceled carry next year. Any advice?

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Actually I'm trading for one tomorrow. Everything I've read says they are a quality piece. The .380 is as low as I'd go in a carry gun but this one will be the wife's as she says it's "cute". I'll post in the gallery in the next few days...

3. mwtx

mwtx New Member

hey thanks! let me know how it shoots!

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

It is amazingly accurate and just a blast to shoot. I've put 300 rounds thru it since last weekend and it may well become a permanent fixture in my range bag. Found that .380 ammo was high locally (15/50 at wallymart) so I ordered a bunch from Wideners at 7.50/50 for CCI aluminum - gun loves the stuff...

[​IMG]

5. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

See if they have the CCI Blazer Brass, here in Cali, I pay about $10/50 for .45 ACP.

Are those the factory grips or did you add those yourself? I might have to pick one of those up for my wife, it's a pretty good looking little piece.

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

They are Hogue wrap-around grips. The factory hard plastic grips let your hand ride up while shooting and slide bite happens...

7. mwtx

mwtx New Member

you ever get the targets posted up?

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Nah, I generally chuck the targets at the range. At 7-10 yards I had no problem keeping everything in a 3-4 inch circle at POA. This is shooting rapidly as would be done in a SD situation. The barrels on the blowback Sigs are fixed which makes them very accurate...

9. Zappa

Zappa New Member

A buddy of mine has one of these, also with the Hogue grips, which I got to shoot side-by-side with my stainless PPK. The two are nearly identical in size and weight, with the SIG being slightly thicker. The trigger pull in both DA and SA were also very close in comparison. I noticed that the PPK gives a sharper "sting" to the web of the hand while firing, but the difference may have been the grips. The PPK had the stock plastic ones. I didn't fire the SIG with the OEM grips. Design is very similar between the two and both are very accurate because of the fixed barrels. I like the PPK slightly better because the mag release is in a familiar place for us Americans, but they're both excellent guns of proven quality and reliable designs. The prices are also very competitive. Either would be a good choice for a carry piece.

10. NGIB

NGIB New Member

CDNN had the factory plastic grips for mine for $7 so I bought a set. They are a tad bit thinner than the Hogues. The Hogues are a bit tacky to the touch and tend to cause the gun to print more when I just pull a t-shirt over it. Will probably take it to the range today and shoot it with the plastic grips to see if the slide bite happens like I heard it will.

These, and the Walthers as Zappa mentioned, are seriously high quality guns that are extremely accurate and reliable. Of course with today's trend of carrying nothing under a .45 they get sneered at...

11. lsz55

lsz55 New Member

Great Gun

I wanted a small and reliable carry piece and I got it in the 232.
    It's small and light for concealed carry and very reliable at the range.
    I have the stainless which weighs about 22.5 oz.
    The blued model weighs less at about 17.5 oz.
    I highly recommend it.

12. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

The Sig P232 is a great pistol. Purchased one for my wife about 12yrs ago and she loves it. For me it is fun to shoot but I like my Sig P239 in 9mm. The P239 and P232 are almost the same size. One in .380 the other in 9mm. Same magazine capacity. You can not go wrong with the P232.

13. theskunk1946

theskunk1946 New Member

Go for an aluminum and steel p230 from Germany. The newer 232s from Exeter are poor quality machining.

14. WDB

WDB New Member

I have a P230 and shoot with a guy that has a P232, I honestly haven't notice a difference in quality in finish or function.

15. theskunk1946

theskunk1946 New Member

A pistol's slide is normally a casting which then goes into a 5 axis maching center ..... (a computer controlled drill) .....n so there maybe a hundred tools, and if one breaks the operation is shut down ...

My guess is one operation was a foul up and they decided the gun could do without it. These are the later p232s.

Sig Sauer is now run by NY Ad boys, not gunsmiths