Sig P232 Jamming

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by CapitalCityBoy916, Oct 1, 2010.

1. CapitalCityBoy916

CapitalCityBoy916 New Member

Hello everybody, I have recently brought a Sig p232 and I took it down to the range twice and both times it jammed on me.. Does anybody have a idea why and what should i do to fix it.

2. steve666

steve666 New Member

Try giving it a really thorough cleaning, then a light oiling. If you still have problems change ammo, then try a different magazine. My HK4 .380 only likes FMJ and PowrBall ammo.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Failure to feed? Failure to eject? Stove pipe? Failure to pick up a round?

There are so many types of failures. Which one?

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Hey CCboy, I just tried to send you a PM and your storage is full or something. Make some room in there. ;)

I'm in Sac and shoot at Sac Valley. Where do you shoot?

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

When I had a 232, it hated the WWB ammo with the flat nose. It shot everything else flawlessly but hated Winchester...

6. CapitalCityBoy916

Im am not sure where the failure is. It will fire one or two rounds then jam, it will lock it self cocked back, i have to cock it back again to eject the shell and feed a new round...

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Does the handgun have a "slide release"?

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Nope, they do not...

9. CapitalCityBoy916

What kind of ammo you recommend

10. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Any round nose ammo shot OK through mine. WWB was the only ammo it didn't like...

11. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I have a P230. It has never jammed w/ any ammo.

12. theskunk1946

theskunk1946 New Member

The p232 gun is famous for jamming

13. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

CCBoy

Any of the Hollow Points or round tip FMJs with the rounded tip should shoot fine. I have never known of the Sig 230 or 232 Pistols of having much problems at all. And they are extremely accurate for a small pistol. If the pistol is good and clean and you try some other ammunition and are still having problems. My bet is the magazine. I do not recall if you advised if the pistol was New or a used pistol. The number one cause of malfunctions in any magazine fed weapon is the Magazine. They get dropped, bent, as well as other causes of damage which normally bends the magazine lips. Causing a multitude of problems from double feeding, stove pipes, or not stripping a round at all from the mag when the weapon functions.
    If you only have one mag I would get another one anyway. I encourage the guys and gals to have a new magazine anyway because it is one He-- of a diagnostic tool. Since it certainly can be frustrating and times to diagnose a problem.

14. theskunk1946

theskunk1946 New Member

Thanks Sniper 03

My sig 232 has been at the factory twice. They claim a gunsmith has looked at it, and it was built to factory specs.

The problem lies in the breech face, no recess for the fired cartridge. I am hoping they will recall the gun and address the problem

15. StanDJ77

StanDJ77 New Member

crazy

Man for all the money sig's cost, they should eat anything:confused: You could trade it for a Glock and feed it anything:D

16. theskunk1946

theskunk1946 New Member

The Sig p232 is worthless, a single shot at best. It's brand new and I am not even buying anymore ammo.

I would never buy a sig sauer again. Cheap pot metal parts, plastic handles, sharp edges and poor service. My next gun is a glock

17. Agent_H

Agent_H New Member

Sigs are quality weapons in general. Haven't had a 232 but Mileage will vary with most, no?

18. theskunk1946

theskunk1946 New Member

My particular Sig p232 double feeds because of machining mistake at the factory .... the breech face doesn't have a shell retainer

19. NGIB

NGIB New Member

And you have beat this horse to death.

I've owned 2-232s and a 230 and each of them was a fine gun with no problems. I'd venture to say that the overwhelming majority of these guns perform as they should. I'm sorry you got a bad one but that does not mean all Sigs or all P232s are bad - just yours...

20. theskunk1946

theskunk1946 New Member

I have a Sig 226 and it's a great gun, but the P232 is unreliable junk. The factory service is poor at best