Sig P229 seems always pff to the right

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by drvsafe, Sep 12, 2012.

1. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Ive been shooting this P229 for about 3 months now. I've been taking my time with it to get really proficient with it. I feel like I've gotten to a point to where it shoots where I point it. But I'm now feeling that my sights are off, just about every shot is off to the right by about 2 inches.

The top photo is from last week. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th are from today.

Im sure I can get a smith to drift the sight a bit for me, but I'm still not sure that its not The shooter.

Any advice?

Attached Files:

2. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Btw the first phot was at 7 yards the others were at 10, 10 and 15 yards.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Unless you were aiming left of center on those bullseye hits I would have to say it is the shooter.

Attached Files:

4. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

I had the same problem with my Sig P-226/229 when I first started shooting them. I had to readjust my trigger finger.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Check to see how much the bottom part of the trigger finger is dragging on the frame when squeezing trigger.

6. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

This helps!

Judging from the above chart you are correct...

I pretty much center my finger on the middle of the trigger when I set my finger on it. I have to check that out on the next trip to the range.

7. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Here's a question, as i am one, how does this apply to a left handed shooter?

8. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

the "pie" chart is transposed...........meaning that everything on the right is now on the left, and vice versa.

9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

On the other hand if you have gotten to a point where you are very consistent with your groups, you actually could adjust the sight.

10. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Ive been told to put the gun in a vise and get a baseline for the sights, the work on consistency of my grip before even looking to the chart for remedy.

11. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

then, if your firearm goes "kaput" in a life or death situation, you have to make sure ALL your backups (or any pistols just lyin around after SHTF) are adjusted accordingly...........or you could "learn" to shoot straight. lol NO SERIOUSLY! :D:p

12. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

Funny, because here is a target from MINE!

[​IMG]

Of course I did cheat and put a set of Crimson Trace Laser Grips on it, But the sights are on.

13. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

nice shootin. how far? and can you do it without the laser?

14. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Come shoot mine and let's see if you get the same result. I am quite sure my issue is user related simply from what I am reading here and hearing from some LEOs that own similar pistols. So off to the range I go this week armed this time with ammo and info!!

15. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member