SIG P226 Navy history

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by machelis, Apr 27, 2010.

1. machelis

machelis New Member

I picked up my first pistol a few weeks ago and have only put about 100 rounds down range, but I love the thing.

I was just checking out some websites and I noticed that my P226 has all the tell-tale signs of being a Navy model, except the anchor etching. I was wondering if anyone knows if the pre-2004 models had the stamp or just the newer ones with the rails.

It has the U ahead of the serial number, the contrast sights, it looks like it has the phosphate internals, but no anchor.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks.

2. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Now you've got me scratching my head. I'm a retired Navy weapons guy who owns a lawn business and still have no idea what phosphate internals are.

3. machelis

machelis New Member

Parkerization. The internals are parkerized since they were made to be near the sea.

As for pics, it's just a SIGARMS P226 with these 'special features'.

[​IMG]

Contrast sights:
    [​IMG]

4. f451

f451 New Member

Sig

The Sig you have may be a P 226 C (combat) Model. Here is the info on them.

P226 Combat

Like the P220 Combat before it, the two models, P226 Combat and P226 Combat TB (Threaded Barrel), are available in DA/SA. Their frames are "Flat Dark Earth" in compliance with the Combat Pistol program. The Combat model comes with night sights, a Nitron-finished slide and barrel, fore slide serrations, and a military standard M1913 Picatinny rail as well as phosphate coated internals. The TB model features an extra 0.6 in (1.5 cm) on the barrel, and external threads to accept a suppressor

I have a first generation P229 in .40 cal and the only gripe I hjave is that its heavy for concealed carry. If you are using a duty concealed carry, you can't beat it unless you go to a .45 cal.. Accuracy is a drop of4 inches at 100 yards and the 185 grain loads are the same as I carry in my Combat Elite, they are just twice as fast, 1500-1700 fps. You can also change the barrel out and use the same mags, springs etc., and drop the .357 sig barrel. 9mm bullet at twice its normal velocity, 1 inch drop at 100 yards.

By the way, I have my sights set at 50 so this explains the short drop at 100.

Good luck and If that Sig fits your hand, you are gonna love it!