Sig P226 9mm Report

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by Surftaco, May 3, 2010.

1. Surftaco

Surftaco New Member

Went to the Base Pistol Club Saturday, to try out my new Sig P226 in a 9mm.

It was a lot of fun! The Sig shoots soooo smooth and I dig the double action!

I shot 75 Federal 115gr FMJs flawlessly through it! My target was the one on the top and my friends was on the bottom. We were all over the target and had some grouping. Keep in mind we were also shooting at a distance of 30 yards! :mad:

Oh well. It was still fun! :D

Attached Files:

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm glad you like your P226. It looks like a pretty nice pistol.

How come 30 yards? Don't they let you shoot at closer ranges?

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I love the P226. I think it's a great weapon, but I have the same question that CA asked.

What made you shoot a pistol at 30 yards for a maiden voyage?? :confused:

JD

4. Surftaco

Surftaco New Member

The reason we had to shoot at 30 yards was due to it being a range on base. They don't let you shoot closer than 25 yards! The 25 yard lanes were already taken. So we were stuck on the 30 yard lane and I was also being the Range officer since I was last to show up lol.

I hope to shoot it at 7 yards next time!

5. CA357

There you go. ;)

6. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Yeah the 226 is a great gun, I have 3. 1 Equinox .40 and 2 regular 226's in .40 and .357 sig. Never shot the 9mm but am sure it is a great gun.
    Just a question to any who might read this........................
    The .40 and .357 magazines are all the same, but if I was really stupid and accidentaly loaded a magazine full of .357 sig into my .40 would bad things happen, I'm sure if it was the other way around it would just turn out to be a fail to feed issue.

Curious

7. Uchahi

Uchahi New Member

8. Surftaco

Surftaco New Member

Thank you!

9. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

It's hard to beat a Sig. I have a 226 (9mm) and 229 (40) and have loved them both for every round they have fired. And it's a lot.

10. Surftaco

Surftaco New Member

going to the Range again tomorrow! Updates to follow! :D

11. Surftaco

Surftaco New Member

Went to the range again today! Flawlessly fired 100 rounds through the Sig!

I love this gun! I can't wait to shoot at something closer! 25 yards isnt very fun!

12. CA357

I'm glad you like it and it's performing well for you.

I'm picking one up on Tuesday that was an agency trade in. I'll be shooting it for the first time the following Sunday.

13. Surftaco

Surftaco New Member

Right on! You will love it!

14. CA357

I think I will. I like the feel and balance and grip fit. I had a P6 some years back, but those are single stack and I decided I wanted more capacity. Other than capacity, I liked it a lot.

15. Surftaco

Surftaco New Member

Went to the Crestucky Range today and was able to shoot at 7 yards!

FINALLY!!! :D

Attached Files:

16. CA357

That's pretty much minute of bad guy. :cool:

17. CA357

BTW, not to threadjack, but I took my Agency trade in/used, new to me, P226 to the range today as well. 50 rounds of hollowpoints and 150 rounds of FMJ and it shot flawlessly. Not a hiccup, nothing. I'm very pleased with it.

The sights had been moved to the left, but I adjusted for it and it's very accurate at 7 and 15 yards. I'll drift the sights a touch to the right when I clean it and aiming should become a no-brainer. ;)

18. Surftaco

Surftaco New Member

Right on Im glad you are digging your Sig!

So far I have put 500 rounds through mine with no jams or any problems very satisfied!

19. CA357

I think Sig makes extremely dependable and solid firearms. :D

I'm just sayin'. ;)

20. Surftaco

Surftaco New Member

How well am I shooting. I still consider myself a noob. When would one consider oneself a novice shooter or even further on down the line an expert shooter?

In the Air Force if you can shoot 35 out of 40 targets you were considered an expert with the M-16. Some people are actually able to come off of the streets and shoot this. Even with a subpar M-16. When I say that these "range" M-16s are used and abused and are rarely cleaned proper.

I know there are new standards on expert. But we only ever get to shoot that gun unless we are deploying. Which is rather laughable now that we augment a lot of army convoys.