Sig p226 .40

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by TheDaggle, May 23, 2010.

1. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

Took my new sig out this morning. Set up targets at 7 and 15 yards. Here are results :).

Top target is at about 15 yards. at least 30 rds, probably more.
    IMG00532-20100523-0955.jpg
    Bottom target is at about 7 yards, at least 50 rds, I'd say. How I shot better at more than twice the distance is beyond me... I will say that on the 7 yard target I tried a few double and triple taps, whereas I took all the long shots nice and slow.
    IMG00531-20100523-0955.jpg
    I'm pretty stoked. Going back out tomorrow morning with the sister. I keep this pace every weekend, I may be able to hit what I'm aiming for in a few years ;).

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Nothing to sneeze at as those targets are seriously dead. I need to get 3-4 of my toys to the range this week myself...

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Looks like you did pretty well on those targets. But I understand if you're not happy with it. That will give you something to work on. When you think you don't need the practice anymore is probably when you need it most.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Looks and sounds pretty good to me.

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Nothing wrong with that picture.

I wish I could shoot a 40 that well. Maybe I'd warm up to that round if I did.

6. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

Thank you, gentlemen. My sister's dog got sick tonight, so we may not make it in the morning, but If we do I intend to arrange a full shoot-off. We've been competing with each other at the range for many years, and I intend to settle this once and for all :D! I think we'll do .40 at 7 and 15 yds, clays, sks at 75 yds, and maybe try some semi-long range shots with the .357 that seems to be an extension of my sister's arm. WISH ME LUCK, MEN. I'll need it :eek:.

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Damn nice round placement on target for a 40 at that distance Gagg! :)

Good luck with the shoot-off! :cool:

Jack

8. Surftaco

Surftaco New Member

9. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

gotta love them sigs.....nice shooting too.

any chance one could enlighten a noob as to the meaning of the D#'s and K#'s on the targets or how they are scored or used?

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Dags, that is some pretty darn good shooting for your first time with that weapon.

I carried a Sig in .40S&W for years. One of the things that REALLY tightened up my shooting, outside of practice, was a $50 trigger job. Took some of the pre-stage slop out and my groups instantly got tighter.

For no modifications though, that is a dead bad guy all day in these parts.

What's with the errant lower abdomen/almost groin shot in picture one though? Was that your "Anti-Rapist" Round? :p

JD

11. jakebrake

jakebrake New Member

you're upset with thse results? looked like all k-5s to me.

you were double tapping, and are upset.....show off.

12. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

HA! I know. That one made me think of the movie "super troopers", when they're testing the bullet proof cup.
    "That little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy."

I was wondering about that too. My sister had a good idea, she thinks the Ds are for "disable", and the Ks are for "kill", with the numbers representing how well a shot placed there accomplishes that goal, but I don't see why anyone would ever shoot to disable. That seems irresponsible to me. It's either time to kill or time to not shoot.

13. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

ah ok, i thought maybe D was deduct, but that kind of makes sense, especially with the zero's in the white areas

14. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

Face off concluded. I win, but I still don't want to piss off my sister :eek:. 20rds at a little over 20 feet. Top target is mine, bottom hers. I'm still getting anxious and pulling the muzzle down every now and then, but practice is the remedy for this illness.
    aaa1.jpg

aaa2.jpg

15. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

"Double tap" may be the wrong term. They were controlled fire shots in relatively rapid succession, i.e. 2 shots per second, not aim once fire twice.