Sig P220 ST

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by NGIB, Feb 4, 2011.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I like 1911s and I like Sigs. I've had a couple of classic Sig P220s with the alloy frame but what I've never had is a stainless P220. Was cruising Bud's this morning and they had a used P220 ST, all stainless with black controls for a decent price - so I ordered it. Now I'll have a Sig in all the standard handgun calibers: .380, .357 Sig, 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP. Photo for reference:

Attached Files:

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

That sure is Purty. :D

3. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

Pretty looking pistol. How do you like the placement of the controls? Seems like they wwould be kind of cramped for me, I have gorilla sized hands.

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Nice. I used to have an older P220....it was my first .45 as a matter of fact.

5. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

You sir are the handgun PIMP.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I've never seen an all stainless Sig. I like it.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Sig P220 is a Classic. Everyone should take the opportunity to fire one at least once in their lives.

Nice addition NGIB!!

JD

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I'd like a pic of one of those big bodied girls holding this in the thread for Tango.

9. NGIB

NGIB New Member

It should arrive next Tuesday (bought it used at Bud's) and that gives me a week to practice - as I intend to use it at the next pin shoot.

No, nothing has a trigger that can compare to a good 1911; however, anyone that considers themselves a "pistolero" should be able to perform with any platform. I refuse to ever be like that whiny biatch from Top Shot that blamed the gun for his poor performance...

10. Squirrel_Slayer

What can you expect, that guy was a Glock Fanboy.

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

There are also 1911 fanboys that will whine as well...

12. Squirrel_Slayer

Not gonna lie, wouldn't mind having a Glock as a range gun only. Would rather have an XD though, similar price. I love my 1911, but there are other pistols out there that are the cat's meow too. I drool every time pops lets me shoot his S&W Model 29.

13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I thought you always traded up, not down :)

Oh, I get it. This is a new start to a trade.

14. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Cool Sig Dave! I bet you can't wait to shoot it. Good luck on your pin shoot. I hope you're satisfied with our trade? I KNOW I am!

15. orangello

orangello New Member

NICE! So, are you gonna mount a lazzzzzzzzer or a light on that rail? :D

But seriously, if you run out of room in the safe, i would hold that p238 you have for you, anytime.

16. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Nice addition to your stable there Dave with that P220ST, and it's damn purty too! :D

[​IMG]

17. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Late Friday the status updated to "shipping" so with luck this one will arrive on Tuesday. Already have an IMI paddle holster on the way for it from CDNN so I'll be equipped for the pin match on the 16th. Never shot an all steel P220 before but I expect this will be a soft shooter due to the extra weight...

18. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Very nice looking Pistol. Hard to beat a nice Sig.

19. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Love the Sig!

Ya know, at some point you may have to throw caution to the wind and spring for a P210.

20. jca1

jca1 New Member

As you know I recently traded into a SigP220ST. Did some range time with it last week. What a dream. Bullseye at 15 yds, very light recoil, but it's heavy as lead.

You won't be sorry NGIB, so much better to shoot than the standard P220.
    It is my current favorite.