sig p2022 questions

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by stutters89, Dec 1, 2015.

1. stutters89

stutters89 New Member

I picked up a used sig p2022 from a local shop for general use and carry and ive yet to shoot it but ive noticed the hammer is loose like it has a good 1/8th" of back n forth movement and i dont like that so any ideas on how to fix that? And any reviews on the reliability of this gun?

2. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

Sent it to SIG. That is what I would do

3. NDMarksman

NDMarksman Member Supporter

My SP2022

I have seen several SP2022's and they all have that little bit of freeplay in the hammer. If you hold the weapon with the hammer down and take the DA slack out of the trigger you won't be able to move the hammer. I really think it's just a characteristic of the weapon and nothing to worry about. Mine shoots as good and as accurate as any of my other Sigs !!!

4. cllowe

cllowe New Member

The 2022 is one of sigs best kept secrets. It's s great gun. Most have some play in it. Shoot it and enjoy it.

5. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

Maybe you should have actually checked it out before dropping down your cash? Now I would choose option number two and send it to Sig as sigman says.

6. NDMarksman

Slack in a SP2022 Hammer

Sutters89 you do what you want to do but I do have a couple of questions. Since purchasing the SP2022 have you had any range time with it? If so did you shoot both DA and SA modes? By range time I mean at least 100 to 200 rounds down the pipe. Did you "dry fire" it both in DA and SA modes? The reason I ask is I've owned and done major work on Sigs all my life. Here's some of the DA/SA Sigs I presently own and EVERY ONE of them has a slight bit of slack in the hammer when not "cocked & ready".

Attached Files:

7. NDMarksman

Curious

How many DA/SA Sigs do you own CardiacColt68 ???

8. sighunter

sighunter New Member

Mine does that too. I figured it was a way to protect the firing pin, maybe? Idk but mine has always done it

9. BuryTheHatchet

BuryTheHatchet New Member

Perhaps this an engineering side effect of being able to convert the pistol between dual action/single action and single action only modes?

10. RevJammer

RevJammer Member

I have one of the original SigPro 2009 (9mm), I had a 2340 (.40 S&W - it was stolen), that was replaced with a new 2022 (.40).

I LOVE these weapons. Yes a little slack in the hammer is not unheard of. My 2009 has a couple thousand rounds through it and is still an incredible piece of equipment.

RJ

11. dickie3625

dickie3625 New Member

Wow stolen sorry to hear that. What happened. And what was the process u went thru to report it. Curious what happens and whats required of the owner.

12. mag318

mag318 Member

The movement you describe is completely normal for a Sig DA/SA.

13. ca1survivor

ca1survivor New Member

Sig's hammer will move when decocked, it is normal.