Sig mosquito

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by kyledirette, Feb 3, 2013.

1. kyledirette

kyledirette New Member

Anyone own or has anyone shot a Sig mosquito? I looked at a few at a gun show today and am considering buying one. Thoughts?

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Never owned one. My old pal manages a large LGS. They will no longer carry the Mosquito. Just too many returns for repair. The GSG SIG 1911 .22 is a real fun can killer.:cool:

3. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

My son has one that he shoots ALOT. It works great. Maybe it is the only one that does but I have shot his and it is a fine gun.

4. kyledirette

kyledirette New Member

Thanks for the input. I think I might try shooting one before I'm dead set.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Moved your thread to the semi auto handgun category. You posted in the section for suggestion for the website.

BAD Kyle! No cookie!

:D

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive got one. it functions decently but its not that great. grip is comfy in the hand but thats its only redeeming factor. trigger is very horrid. some have reported serious safety issues with kabooms.

i would say skip it as there are so many other better guns out there. like the ruger sr22 and mk3 beretta neos (new production) browning buckmark sig 1911-22 etc

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Been discussed many times- I've had two- Both preformed fairly well.
    No i would not buy another----

8. 4sig

4sig New Member

Have one and enjoy it but only after I sent it Back to Sig (at their expense) and had the breech end of the barrel reamed. Now it works perfectly Its a great starter gun if you want to move up to a P236 b

9. 4sig

4sig New Member

Correction: should read "if you want to move up to a P226

10. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I have no experience but have heard WAYYYYYY to many bad things about this gun and for Sig prices that's just WAYYYYY beyond unacceptable to me! I would stay away from this gun like the plague. Hell, I wouldn't pay anything more than 200 for any 22lr pistol! It's a Junk round, comparatively, from handguns, and barely more than a plink-worthy one from rifles.

11. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

You can edit a part without needing another post to point out the edit. Even with an app.

12. JackStrong

JackStrong New Member

Considering that the .22 has been around for over 150 years, considering it is the most popular round sold world wide and considering the advances made in .22 from companies like CCI over the years, calling it a "junk round" is a wee bit harsh..

13. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Like I said, comparatively, in a handgun... I stick very firmly to my previous statement. Not harsh, accurate.

Those "stats" are incompetent.

Who doesn't buy a lot of what's cheap?

Its cheap fire a reason, Rimfire junk, again comparatively.

I love my 22, we all do, but not because it's great quality, reliable and top performing from a pistol. Come on man, be honest with yourself and everyone else.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  14. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

I've had one for a couple of years. Love it. I've also read about how many people have had issues with them. I followed the instructions, ran it wet and haven't had any issues with it. Mine does only like the CCI mini mags. The earlier models had issues, but I think they got the bugs worked out of them.

15. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

That's good news. It is many a case with many a manufacturer where the first generations or two had issues which were later fixed. So perhaps some simple diligence in ensuring you get a late model will see you with a quality piece!

16. martez39

martez39 New Member

I hear the Ruger sr22 is much better than the sig. If you want that style. I was looking for a 22 and bought the gsg 922. I love it.

17. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

A 22 lr is a very good caliber for small game and for cheap trigger therapy, the 22LR is very often someone's first gun, they have limitless uses. A 22 can also be used at relatively long distances for those that like target shooting, but can't afford high powered ammo.

No, they don't make good CCW guns, but to write the caliber off completely for not being a good defensive round is a bit much. It's like saying a 45 is useless because you could have a 300 Win Mag

18. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Two of my good friends have Mosquitos. Had them for a couple of years now, with no complaints.

19. XsV

XsV New Member

Buuuuut it comes in pink! :D

20. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Wat don't these days?