Sig M400

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Polygon, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I have a chance to grab a Sig M400 for $1,050 and I'm wondering if I should grab it. I don't really have the money or the need for another AR-15, but I was thinking of flipping it and making a little money.

2. scherfinator

scherfinator New Member

A Sig M400 is 2hrs away from ending on gunbroker and selling for $1200. Dont know how much profit your going to make for it to be worth your time. I have noticed that AR's are getting cheaper again

3. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Yeah, if you look further down there's one ending in 7 hours for about $1,500 right now. I'm not sure which M400 it is, so it's tough to say. I wasn't planning on making much, maybe a few hundred. Hell, maybe I'll like it and decide to keep it and sell my RRA Elite Operator 2?

Thank goodness the prices are coming down again!

4. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I just looked an an Elite Operator 2 just like mine sold for $2,200. I could use the money but I don't want be without an AR-15. Would you sell the RRA and get the Sig? Or should I hold onto the RRA and just let the Sig go?

5. scherfinator

scherfinator New Member

That's a hard decision. I have a bcm and Daniel defense so i cant speak if the M400. I guess you could put the gun up and see where it goes.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

If you can get $2200 for the RRA I'd sell it. I've handled the SIG M400 and liked it. Nice added features and ergonomics. Haven't fired one but suspect it would be easily as good an M4gery as the RRA. If everything falls right you could make some money, the key word being "if".

7. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

I have owned an M400 and they are fantastic guns. As ive said before, i hate myself for selling it. It ran everything i put into it

8. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

Wasn't the M400 the one they had at Walmart on black Friday for $899? It had the Magpul furniture on it.

9. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

The ones from walmart are NOT the same as the ones from your LGS. Most of the walmart ones are missing certain features or have inferior parts.

10. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

You think that because Walmart sold a Sig that it has inferior parts? :rolleyes: Yea, use inferior parts to the retailer that sells more than likely any other seller in the States and open yourself to lawsuits out the YinYang.......Walmart isn't the world biggest company (or one of the biggest) by doing dumb chit like that.

11. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

My LGS asked his sig rep how hes suppose to compete with walmart prices and the reps response was "trust me, they are not the same exact gun"

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

You'll find many LGS's say the Colt 6920 at Walmart isn't as good either. I think this is a clear case of FUD, they can't meet the price so try to stop you from going somewhere else to buy the same gun cheaper.

13. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Please don't perpetuate these old myths. A SIG is a SIG is a SIG. A Colt is a Colt is a Colt.

If a SIG rep told you that, he was "stroking your fur."

14. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

Dude, I'm telling you it's EXACTLY the same. Not close, not just a different model number digit, the exact same gun from the exact same assembly line. Do you think Sig cares if Walmart sells it for $900 and your LGS sells it for $1100? Either way, Sig is selling it's M400. And when Walmart carries it, they are selling them by the truck load. Sounds like perhaps you should double check your LGS for honesty.

15. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

WalMart frequently sells guns with features made only for them. They were the only place that Ruger made a true 10-22 rifle for. It had a 22-inch barrel, and full size stock with the same length of pull as the 77. I bought one for a stepson to learn on, because it had the same feel as a center fire rifle.

They also had an 870, with a custom camo pattern, two barrels, and a nylon case that was exclusive to them.

So, I know that some of their guns are exclusive to them, but most of them aren't.

16. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I understand what you are saying.....however, most of the things you listed are cosmetic or accessories. The center of the discussion was simply the Sig M400. You can see all of the "different versions" of the M400 are available by Sig here: http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductList/rifles-m400.aspx
    It's mainly cosmetic differences, or barrel length. But they are all otherwise built from the same parts.