Sig M400 Magazine release question

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by BlindOldMan, Aug 2, 2013.

1. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Good afternoon, all. It's been a while since I've been able to post, but glad to have this chance.

I hope someone will be kind enough to help me with this embarrassing problem (no, not that one).

I just brought home a SIG M400 Enhanced. The one issue is that the magazine release seems to be incorrectly installed. Having no experience with this fancy machine, I'm at a loss as to whether I'm doing something incorrect or it's actually a problem.

The magazine inserts cleanly. However, the magazine release on the right won't depress. I can pull it out about a 1/4", but not depress it. The only way I've found to release the magazine is to take a small hex driver and depress the pin in the middle of the release.

Thanks kindly..

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

That must be tough on a blind old man :p

3. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

:) Indeed.

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Pics would help, but it sounds as though you have bullet button magazine locking device that we californians have to endure. Kinda weird that you'd have one in Florida.

5. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Thanks for the reply. Here's a pic of the release. It won't depress at all, but can pull out a bit.

Attached Files:

6. monteros

monteros New Member

Looks like it might not bad screwed in enough possibly. Watch this YouTube video real quick and you will see how easy this step is ANC you can redo or verify its done ok :)

http://youtu.be/VBoh-o6iN24

7. DenverSteve

DenverSteve New Member

It's a Sig so it's unlikely that it was faulty or installed incorrectly. Read you owner's manual as you have a California legal "bullet button" mag release. Also check your box as it should say either California Legal or have a CA somewhere in, or behind, the part number. Like this: RM40016BSCA

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  8. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Hmmm.. I seem to have the opposite problem. It's not too clear how I can go about removing the release. I can see a locking C-clip on the pin but there appears to be no way to remove it without depressing the release, which won't budge at all.

On the other side, if I depress the pin with a small punch, it doesn't raise enough to clear the guard and be removed.

9. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Yup... well, just did some more Googling, and yeah, that's what this thing has. Bullet button. :/ Now that's just.... Sheeesh.

10. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Thanks for your reply. I checked and no, no CA anywhere in the manual, box, or on the firearm itself. Also, I verified that I didn't inadvertently pick a CA (does that stand for castrated?) version when I ordered.

Oh well.. Hopefully they will do the right thing and ship a replacement release.

11. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

FEEEEEL MY PAIN!!!! :rolleyes:

Kill it before it multiplies. If you need a standard release....I think i have like a billion of them. T_T

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Oh God, if FrankenFeinstein catches you with them... Assault Buttons :D

13. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

For realz.....but they are in a plastic baggie in the garage...I has a Radlocks on my AR15s.....Think I should take them on my fishing trip to Catalina next weekend? Should be some great small boar hunting there.....:rolleyes:

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

BlindOldMan, I seriously have a lot of standard mag releases, let me know if you need one. If the prospect of a freebie are to good to be true, I'll trade you your BB for a standard mag release.:)

15. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

AgentTikki, thanks much for your offer. I just this afternoon had walked over to the local shop and picked up the necessary pieces. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

16. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Fixed

Had to wait a day for this tool to arrive.. But she's properly fitted now. Thank you all for your kind assistance.

Attached Files:

17. Old_Airedale

Old_Airedale New Member

I'm having the same issue with a CA compliant M-400 (I live in the Peoples Republick of Maryland). Where did you get the "tool" that you used to remove the Mag catch?

Thanks in advance

18. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

I picked up the tool from my local shop, but search Amazon for "Bullet Button AR-15 Wonder Wrench Tool" and it brings up the same item.

19. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

honestly, i'd rather have a standard mag release over a BB type. to each his own. Hey if you ever want to trade for one let me know!