Sig lube

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by niteglock, Jan 30, 2014.

1. niteglock

niteglock New Member

What do you guys lube your sig with? I been using mobile 1 but now just started using white lithium grease on the rails because I just noticed some weird wear in the upper portion underside of the rails on the frame. Is that normal? And does anyone know of any better grease to use or should I just stick with oil and white lithium? Also could I use the same grease that is used for AR15 barrel nuts. Like aeroshell. I have a tub of it from autozone but im scared to use it on my sig. It might be so thick itll collect grime and make the wear marks worse.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Firearms Talk mobile app

2. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

I use the TW25 that Sig's comes with. Doesn't attract too much crud and lubes well. Also fairly inexpensive.

3. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Use very little grease on the rails, if your SIG is very tight. Otherwise, oil will do. Don't grease the internals! I use Tetra grease from a little can, so I can apply it wth my finger, instead of squeezing it out. I use MPro7 products, but frankly, on most gun oils, there is a difference without distinction.

Less is more!

4. IvanHawk

IvanHawk New Member

I would be concerned that grease on the slide could slow the action as well as attract grit which would also slow the action but add a sandpaper affect to wear things down faster.

I only use very small amount in drop of either Otis or a remington synthetic. One drop on each trigger spring. One drop on each slide rail and I watch the drop run from end to end. I add a few drops to barrel outside but wipe excess off after racking slide several times. I add 2 drops to recoil spring.

5. pduque

pduque New Member Supporter

Brian Enos' Slide Glide on the rails and TW25 on everything else. There is an excellent stickie on SigTalk on how and where to lube your Sig. Everything I read and been told is that a Sig likes to run wet. Based on my limited experience I would tend to agree.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

6. pat701

pat701 New Member

Three parts Mobil#1 5-30 and one part ATF (for rust) as oil. Hi-temp universal joint grease for grease. If it rolls i oil it, if it slides i grease it:cool:

7. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

I use froglube the same stuff the police dept. uses on their Sigs.

8. Gunsnob

Gunsnob New Member

My LGS recommends RemOil for Sigs.