Sig Forum ?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Riverg420, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

I notice there's a 1911,Xd and a glock forum .What about a Sig forum ?

2. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Unless you're talking about Sig rifles or 1911s...you're in the Sig forum right now.

Creating 57 different handgun forums (just so everyone can feel special about their own brand) seems silly. I apologize for my sarcastic abruptness. I like Sigs a lot. But it seems this question comes up about one manufacturer or another a few times a month. I guess I'm still trying to figure out what would be gained from whittling everything so far down.

3. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

4. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I agree with the mods about limiting individual brand forums. I can understand the 1911 and Glock. They're fairly specialized. I don't understand the XD forum. I think it might just be a mod favorite.

5. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

That Sig forum is the only website ever, that will not let me join based on me only having a gmail and yahoo email accounts and no one will answer a question when I email to ask why.

I have two Sigs and can't participate.

6. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I tried to join years ago, same thing. I signed up for half a dozen different email accts. and they wouldn't accept any of them. Screw the Sig forum.
    Love the guns, though. Their loss. They're losing out on our font of knowledge and experience. :D

7. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

Just seems like silly overkill to me.

8. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

On their end or mine?

9. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

I apologize.....on their end of course.

10. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

Yeah I'am a member there but don't really care for the website too much.

11. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

Sorry about the bad experiences over there. Only issue I ever had was that it took several weeks to get a response back to my registration to the forum.

I have found them to helpful a time or two. Specifically when I was looking for a good Sig gunsmith in the Phoenix. I wanted an action job done on both a P226 & P239, just wanted them a little smoother.

They referred me to a master smith: Frank Glenn-Glenn Custom Complete Gunsmithing Service Glendale AZ Gentleman by the name of Frank Glenn in north Phoenix. He works on everything but does most on 1911's offers a variety of packages on Sigs plus anything else you might need/want done.

Best referral for a gunsmith EVER.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  12. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

I read it often enough to see that it's a helpful forum, but I've had questions or have been able to provide an answer to a question and haven't been able to because of their silly email provider policy.

13. jimbobpissypants

jimbobpissypants New Member

I am also a long time member. I also much prefer other forums. There is a certain small percent of their membership who have an elitist attitude. Not necessarily about firearms, but about political/economic issues.:eek:

14. Jeff9000cd

Jeff9000cd New Member

Same thing for the ar15 forum. I think it's so not just anyone or bot can get on and buy gun parts that could be illegal in there state threw a seller on the forum. I think its just that it's easier to make sure a person with an actually company email is easier to track.