Sig ACP Adaptive Carbine Platform $325.00

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by gaspump86, Nov 23, 2012.

1. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

I saw this thing and just about fell in love.
    This is what I think a perfect bugout/shtf weapon is all about.
    Its an inexpensive way for the Guy who has a pistol and wants to enhance the standard capabilities of the gun he bought. This will do that.
    Im getting one very soon.

Here is the standard base version.

SigACP.jpg

This is a LEO/Military only model, because installing a stock on a pistol is manufacturing a SBR.
    That being said in my state it is a perfectly legal accessorie to my pistol! Yay! Lol

acp-le-265.jpg

sig_acp-tfb.jpg

ForumRunner_20121123_210956.jpg

sig-adaptiveacp.jpg

ForumRunner_20121123_210630.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  2. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Saw that in the G&A magazine a while back. Not sure what I think about that.

3. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

So how exactly does this increase capabilities? Does it actually give it more barrel?

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

How "inexpensive" is it for giving someone "options" for their pistol? What dies the base platform cost? Then the $200 tax stamp. Then the extra for the stock and firearm engraving? And yes, what other capability does one gain other than shouldering ability and optic mounting (another cost for the optic). Still hits like a pistol with added weight and size rivaling a carbine without the added punch.

Looks neato though. Real snazzy.

$500 used or $750+ for new pistol
    $325 for the rails
    $200 tax stamp
    $xxx for stock
    $xxx for optic

5. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

You don't need a tax stamp.
    Its still a pistol.

6. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

The forward grip and butt stock are restricted under NFA regulation. Both of those things would enhance a pistols capabilities but without them youre just adding a really heavy optic mount.

The sling option for stability is pretty cool though.

7. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

No. It increases stability. If you attach your pistol to your chest and have tension when you point the gun, your accuracy will improve.
    Every point of contact you can add between your gun and you will improve accuracy.
    You don't need more barrel.
    The gun shoots where its pointed.(depending on the gun)
    But how steady can you be with a pistol standing? 25 yards is about the Max I pistol shoot, this I believe will extend that distance.
    Put a VFG and a red dot and bam! What $75 of upgrades. Yes I have used $50 red dots on PCCs before. They woked.

8. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

I wasn't aware the fore grip was a violation.

9. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I totally want one.

10. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

11. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Foward grips are not NFA restricted.

12. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

A Pistol with a fore grip has to be classified as an AOW ( any other weapon)

13. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

ATF has long held that by installing a vertical fore grip on a handgun, the handgun is no longer designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand. Therefore, if individuals install a vertical fore grip on a handgun, they are “making” a firearm requiring registration with ATF’s NFA Branch. Making an unregistered “AOW” is punishable by a fine and 10 years’ imprisonment. Additionally, possession of an unregistered “AOW” is also punishable by fine and 10 years’ imprisonment.

To lawfully add a vertical fore grip to a handgun, a person must make an appropriate application on ATF Form 1 (5320.1), “Application to Make and Register a Firearm.” The applicant must submit the completed form, along with a fingerprint card bearing the applicant’s fingerprints; a photograph; and $200.00. The application will be reviewed by the NFA Branch. If the applicant is not prohibited from possessing a firearm under Federal, State, or local law, and possession of an “AOW” is not prohibited in the applicant’s State of residence, the form will be approved. Only then may the person add a vertical fore grip to the designated handgun.

A person may also send the handgun to a person licensed to manufacture NFA weapons. The manufacturer will install the fore grip on the firearm and register the firearm on an ATF Form 2 (5320.2). The manufacturer can then transfer the firearm back to the individual on an ATF Form 4 (5320.4), which results in a $5.00 transfer tax. If the manufacturer is out of State, the NFA Branch will need a clarification letter submitted with the ATF Form 4 so that the NFA Branch Examiner will know the circumstances of the transfer. Questions can be directed to the NFA Branch or the Firearms Technology Branch.

Thats a direct quote from the link I posted

here it is again

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/firearms-technology.html

14. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I see your point and it is valid, for standing still and plinking at boxes, but I fail to see a defensive purpose. A tactical advantage for police/military perhaps, but civilian... Home defense; I'll stick with my 15" 870 for big bang and in a tight situation I want the maneuverability of a stockless handgun.

Interesting nonetheless and novelties do have their place, I enjoy my 22lr AR greatly. I don't have a Sig, so this wouldn't be for me anyway, just curious. If I could determine a value in it I might become a quick Sig owner.

15. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

You don't need a Sig. They make platforms for other brands as well. So, if you didn't want to start with a $700 + pistol you do have options.

The price of a fully decked out Sig in this arrangement could possibly get me a Glock and a rifle caliber carbine. Or definitely a pistol and a pump shotgun.

I'm just not real receptive to forcing a pistol into a carbine role. It's why I never saw much appeal in the HK Mk 23. The damned thing is huge, heavy and expensive and still weaker than a rifle cal carbine.

16. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

If your bug out rig involves multiple firearms, (mines 4) this could be a decent addition to carry another firearm. My sling spot is reserved for my AR though. I could see having this if I could holster it while in the sling...Thats just my situation though. I suppose if one were to choose one bug out weapon, a hi cap pistol on a sling may be a good alternative.

For the "one gun bug out", my bet is still on the AR-15 with a 22lr conversion kit. Just my 2 cents

17. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

Sir you don't need a Sig. Most full frame semi automatics with picatany rail will work.
    Glock, Springfield XD, S&W m&p, Sig, H&K and more
    Also it does not have a stock.
    The LAW Enforcement model has a stock. The civilian model does not. Its meant to be used with a quick detach, 1pt. Bungee sling.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  18. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

OK, to sum up some of the legal issues here. The stock is legal. The vertical forgrip is not (requires a tax stamp). The "LE" stock makes it an SBR (once again requires a tax stamp).

And, unless your "State" is outside the 50 UNITED STATES, the Federal law trumps, so NO it is not "legal" (the LE version)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  19. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I have seen these things at academy sports ware I live.