sig 9mm or polish ak47?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by gutz47, Oct 22, 2011.

1. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

Ok, so I bought a polish underfolder about six months ago. I love it, I love ak's. However I have also always coveted a sig in 9mm. Well my local shop has one I could trade the ak for, do I? Don't I? The ak is a personal favorite, but a sig 9mm is a whole hell of a lot more practical. Especially considering its a lot easier to carry daily than the ak is. Or there's option 2, trade the ak for a kel tec pf9 and a random cheap 30 o6....

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

3. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

I believe its a 220? 226? Its slightly compact. I noticed it on my way out and didn't hassle the guy to start opening cabinets again. Is there a bad model from sig? Somethings I may want to avoid? I'm under the impression sig pretty much rock all around. The ak is a century arms build. Not a wasr though.

4. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

I haven't shot a sig yet that I didn't like. But knowing the model is the most essential part of the trade I'd say.

5. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

I'm headed down there in a bit, I'll let you guys know what's up.

6. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

Its a sig sauer p6. A little old but still solid. $350 for it. Or I could throw a little down and get a cz p01. That's a real beauty!!

7. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

Its a sig p6. Old single stack, very solid feeling though. Or I could throw a little more down and get a cz p01.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

If you are carrying an AK everyday, I'd say trade it for any pistol.
    But I'm one of those that doesn't really care for carrying a rifle just because it's your right. I consider that to be attention houndish behavior and detrimental to our cause.

Besides that, yes, pretty much all Sigs rock. You can't find even an old discontinued one that cheap just any day of the week, and an AK is almost infinitely replaceable.

I think there are more AK's on this planet than people. I'm likely very, very, wrong though.

9. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

There's no way id carry an ak daily. Its exactly what you said, a bad move for anyone wanting gun laws lossened. I'm an advocate of open carry, but unless you live in samolia, a pistol will do just fine. I think I'm gonna go get it. Cross my fingers they still have it Tuesday!

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

My bad, I guess I misunderstood your first post, it must have been rhetorical. Sorry about that :)

11. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

Its cool man.

12. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

AK to people ratio, like 800 to 1. lol

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

Are those hard stats or humor? :) I believe it if it is though. :)

14. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

I watched a documentary about a journalist in iraq not too long ago. While traveling north in a taxi the driver stopped at an impromptu gun market on the side of the road. He said they appear as quickly as they disappear. Anyway, there must have been hundreds of thousands of ak's selling for as cheap as 75 bucks. WOW! Not to mention all the other stuff anyone with the money could buy. Considering there was maybe fifteen people there, id say that's a factual statistic.

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

Check out "September Tapes"
    Fake documentary, but still cool.

16. swccSIG

swccSIG New Member

C'mon now, sig! Duh

17. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

Hard stats that I made up, that happen to be true. lol

18. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

Yeah it was pretty cool. The firefights were cool to be in first person.

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

I liked it. Even though it was fictional, it's the realest looking movie I've seen.
    Now "Restrepo" is an actual documentary.

20. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

I seen restrepo. It was really good.