Sig 239 SAS Gen 2

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Gojubrian, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

A guy I know is selling one NIB. It has the SRT trigger, night sights, nitride finish, and it's a 40 (my fav round).
    I figure it will make a good carry gun and probably better at therange than the much lighter Kahr. Decisions decisions!!

Any info would help! I'm going to look at it Friday hopefully.

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Brian, I have a regular P239 in .40 and I carry it on occasion. The 239 is one of my favorite Sigs as they are just the right size & weight for a good compromise gun. Small and light enough to carry but large and heavy enough to be comfortable to shoot. Now, I've never paid even close to retail for any of my Sigs and I think I have about $475 in this one. Great shooters even with that damn snappy round...

[​IMG]

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I've shot a couple Sig P239s and only handled SAS versions. They're great guns with a nice, slim single stack feel. It's a completely different direction than subcompact Kahr. It's more of a medium framed gun with minimal capacity. That "frame size to capacity ratio" is the only drawback to the 239 series. But you're going to end up conceeding something to get a compact that handles that well.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Sweeper is correct which is why I called it a "compromise" gun. To me, little .40s just plain suck to shoot...

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I know you are not a fan of the small 40's Dave. That's ok, more for me!

I liked the xd sub 40 at the range, but I think the trigger on the sig should be much better. If it feels good I'm going to go ahead and pick it up and give it a go.
    I know a 9mm would do the job, but I prefer the 40 and 45 for defense and 9 and 22 fir plinking. :)
    What do you think about the custom shop work from sig it has?

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I've shot an SAS with the SRT trigger and it's MUCH better than the stock Sig trigger. The 239 in .40 is actually a soft shooter as it's just designed to be comfortable. My only complaint about Sigs in general is the slippery hard plastic grips they put on them. I have Hogues for all of mine...

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Here's the description on this one.

Products & Services

There's just too many good choices out there these days. :)

8. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Nice pistol, welcome to the Sig family. I have had Sigs for the past 14 yrs. the P239 in 9mm was my third Sig I purchased. I love the way it carried but did not really like the limited capacity, but oh well. It shoots like a dream. Have to agree with some of you about the grips I have changed all of mine out as well.

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

10. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Trust me, you'll like that one. Sig does a nice "melt" job to make a carry gun with no sharp edges...

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I'm all giddy!!! :D

Now to find some good leather for her. :)

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I need suggestions for grips and conceal carry holster. :)

13. jamesb

jamesb New Member

I say get Hogue rubber grips and a Theis IWB holster. The Theis IWB is like the Crossbreed but $60 shipped for horsehide and it will be to you within a week. You can buy them on Glocktalk. I have one for my Glock and am buying one for my P239 that I just got yesterday. I also plan to get the Hogue grips as i've heard they are great.

14. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I had a theis holster for the xd. Tommy lives close to me and I know all about them, great holsters. I really want to stay away from kydex for this one though.

15. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

I have owned a P239 in 9mm for several years. Nice carry piece, concealed easy enough and shot really well. I have shot a friend's P239 in .40. I thought it handled .40 better than a couple of polymer frame compacts that I had shot (Glock and Sig P250 compact).

The 2nd Gen should carry easier than mine.

16. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

This will be the first Sig I have Owned. I think I'll like it much better than the xd sub I have been carrying. I better for the money!!!$$$$. :)

17. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

[​IMG]

It's on the way! I should be able to pick it up tomorrow. :)

18. jamesb

jamesb New Member

Nice dude! I just shot my P239 this past weekend and it went great! A bit snappy in .40, but not too bad due to the weight of the pistol.

I ended up ordering a Comp-Tac Infidel for it. I'm going to pick up the Theis as well, but wanted to try the full kydex holster first.

This won't be your last. My first was my P229 Elite Stainless in .40 and I had to get the P239 cause I wanted to carry a SIG, but the Elite was just too heavy to do so.

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

[​IMG]

It's home!! As soon as I play with it some more I'll post better photos. :cool:

20. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I stripped down which was a breeze. Then I wiped off the factory oil, added hoppes, and wiped it down again.
    I loaded up some snap caps and that trigger is SWEET!!

[​IMG]