Sig 226 vs Hk USP

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Gm49007, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Gm49007

Gm49007 New Member

What would you choose, and why?

2. Jtelli71

Jtelli71 New Member

Don't know what caliber you are looking at, however I used to have a.USP 45 and loved it! Was one of the most accurate 45's I had. I sold it (stupidly) and regret it. I will own one again.....

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Personally the 226 simply because I like the way it feels in my hand.

4. Wilder

Wilder New Member

I have shot a friend's HK USP .45, it was accurate and reliable, all around excellent pistol. I own a P226 in 9mm and the new E2 grip, I have never had a pistol fit my hand so well. My friend and I have not had any malfunctions with either pistol. The only negative I can really add about the HK is trying to get parts from the company, we tried to get an extractor from them for a local PD's MP5. Weeks went by with no contact, took about 5 months to get the part. Maybe they have a different customer service line for the full auto stuff, but for an LE gun we were surprised at the lack of service. We do a fair amount of sight and trigger upgrades on SIGs and have never had an issue like that with their service dept. I would say SIG has the upper hand on ergonomics, and service, but we have never fixed an HK pistol. That speaks volumes about their reliability.
    Personally, well... I already went with the SIG P226.

5. flyspooky

flyspooky New Member

Both (said facetiously). Both are great weapons...believe you'd likely be beyond pleased no matter which you get. I own a USP 40c which I use for daily carry. When I can justify spending my other arm/leg, I'd like a Sig (the new Mk 25). Zero failures with my USP and the Sigs have a similar rep.

6. ryguy00

ryguy00 New Member

between these two? I'd go with the sig simply and only because it fits my hand better. I want one bad! But, swap out the usp for the p30 and the scales tilt back to HK. I do own a p30 and it fits my hand even better than the sig. But then again, change the sig to the x Five model and the scales tilt back to sig again...

hope I've cleared things up... ;)

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I had the HK USP Tactical for a couple of years. Good gun, very reliable, very accurate. Never had a problem with it to be honest other than it was a big piece of steel and polymer to carry on your belt. Easily enough to make your pants sag on one side if you don't have a quality gunfighter style belt.

One thing that bothered me, personally, about the USP was that the grips were not able to be altered and the staggered box mag made for a very wide grip. To drop the magazine with my primary hand, I had to take the weapon off target, or use my off hand. When compared to my 1911's it was a no brainer to send the USP down the road in favor of a new, 4.25" 1911 for carry.

I have a sig 229 and it has been a great gun. I have shot the vaunted 226 on about a dozen occasions. While the the .45ACP was pretty much tailor made for the 1911, the 226 is about as close a step parent as you are going to get. The 226 is a fantastic piece of hardware that is reliable, very well engineered, accurate and a weapon that will always have a secondary market should you ever need to sell it.

Of the two, I would recommend the 226, but the USP is a hell of a well built weapon system that is hard to ignore.

Probably should get both and just cover your bases. :D

JD

8. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

I own a HK usp .40 and have been impressed with it, probably won't carry anything else but an hk, because it fits me fine I can cc the full sized usp cause I'm a lil bit bigger guy, the double stack magazine makes it wide, but it a proven system.
    Now let me say this, I have a good buddy that has both usp. 40 and a sig 226 .45, he'd carried both overseas and got rid of one, it wasn't the sig... said the hk was just alil to big for his hands.

9. capto56

capto56 New Member

Sig. Enough said.

10. irockglock

irockglock New Member

Sig!
    In my opinion has better trigger

11. capto56

capto56 New Member

No, really. I was torn between the p226 and the beretta 92a1 about a week and a half ago. I posed a similar question and got a resounding yea for the sig. And nothing bad about the beretta.

I looked up both extensively online and literally read over 200 reviews. Among which I never found a bad review.

I also looked up the hk USP .40. Among those reviews there were a few tossed in that weren't entirely happy with it. That's when I threw out that idea and went with the sig.

Very happy with my choice and would still consider getting a beretta.

12. Gm49007

Gm49007 New Member

I'm heavily leaning towards the Sig 226 chambered in 9mm.

13. capto56

capto56 New Member

I'm no expert but I've read the newer models of the p226 have the accessory rail on the front. That's the one I bought. Not necessary but useful if you would ever want a light.

I found mine a gun show. I paid $750. He didn't seem too willing to negotiate since there was a used one sitting right next to it for $550. I went with the new one for peace of mind.

I don't know what the average price runs for them but it seemed cheaper than what I could find online. I have no clue what hks run for. And the guy at the gun show said the berettas were becoming harder to find and going up in price? Not sure if that was true or not.

14. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

My friend has a USP 40 I LOVE IT IT FEELS VERY GOOD IN MY HAND..BUT I'M NOT FORMILLUARE WITH THE OTHER WEAPON

15. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

My phone is stupid..I mean the h.k. feels good in my hand and I'm not formillural wit any sig weapons

16. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Bear:
    The Sig 226 is 9mm,40/357sig. The .45 is the 220, I have both and I will stick with Sig.

17. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

I have a HK usp 45 and I love it
    1 magazine cap .
    2 I am 6'6" 255 and it fits in my hands just right. Hell I make a dessert eagle look small. But just because it fits me doesn't mean it will fit everyone. I would own a sig if they had one with a 12 round mag in 45 . But each to there own.

18. capto56

capto56 New Member

I thought the 229 was the .40? Not sure about the 357. My dad has the 239, a compact .40

19. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

What is the reliabilty rep for the sig weapons..and do they make any pocket pistols..if so what calaber..I want a good gun for my feinca..she don't like big guns

20. irockglock

irockglock New Member

Man check out the new Sig Sauer P938. It's a slim 9mm that holds 6+1

Or if you want 380acp the Sig P238 is nice and super concealable.