Sig 226 trade?

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by Crobin152, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Crobin152

Crobin152 New Member

I absolutely love my Sig, however it is not comfortable to conceal carry. I am looking at either a Xds or a Kahr CM. Due to my current financial situation I am considering trading in my sig for one of these. Is this a bad idea that I will soon regret. I have a feeling that will be the case, however I need a comoact carry gun.

2. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

How good of shape is the Sig? Seems like a trade down in value to me.

3. 1411

1411 New Member

Sounds regrettable to me. Picture angus to top round, I like the CM9 but not a good trade for a 226. Just doesn't add up.

4. Crobin152

Crobin152 New Member

Its in excellent condition. I bought it brand new and have fired about 1000 rounds through it. I keep my guns very clean and lubricated. I know that it is a trade down that's why I am on the fence. Its a 40 in case that has any merit on this decision. I am definitely leaning towards not making the trade, however like I said I need a compact carry . Tough decision.

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Keep it and save your pennies until u can buy one. Even if u stash $1 a day until u can afford it. U will regret getting rid of it and its not a fair trade anyway.

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Trade it for something like a bobtail commander, neither the Kahr nor the XDs are comparable to the SIG unless you are getting some cash in the deal.

7. Crobin152

Crobin152 New Member

Thanks guys. I feel the same way, I guess I just needed some nudging in the direction I was leaning. I will just save a little here and there and keep my Sig.

8. Crobin152

Crobin152 New Member

One last one. My buddy just told me he who would trade me his CZ75 compact straight across. I don't know anything about CZ except a few reviews I read saying they are solid guns. Would this be a fair trade or is he trying to pull a fast one on me.

9. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Comparable to the other 2 guns...I bought mine new for $499.00, still about half the value of a new SIG.

10. Crobin152

Crobin152 New Member

Yeah I payed 830 for mine brand new about 2 years ago. Sounds like I would be on the short end of the stick. I Will just save and buy a new compact pistol. Now to decide on which one?

11. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Save up. That 226 is great and you'll regret selling it. I love my p229 take a look at those. It may be a bit easier for you to conceal. Other than that I'd save my $$ and get the XDs. I have a Nano and I love it. They go for about $425 or so. Very easy to conceal and none of that crazy a$$ recoil like with those pocket Rugers.
    I just thought I'd throw in my couple of pennies into the pot.

12. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

Definitely don't trade or attempt to sell back to a dealer you will take a huge beating and you will absolutely regret the decision.I would figure out another way to get the ccw you want.

13. ssbrad

ssbrad New Member

Save the Sig! I was asking myself the same question a year ago about my 15 year old p226 - I kept it and am REALLY glad I did - especially in the current environment

14. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

keep the sig. its a great gun. save up money, find other things you can sell like old shell casings, dvds, games, tools, crap you don't use anymore.... any metal? the scrap yard is your friend if you have a lot of junk laying around.

15. juststartin5272

juststartin5272 New Member

Or possibly start looking for a different way to carry or do some research on how a lot of people carry their 226. If you live somewhere that tends to stay cooler you could use a shoulder holster or jackass rig. What type of clothing do you tend to wear? If something like a suit is your daily attire, you could wear something more like a owb duty holster having the jacket for concealment. If you wear clothes a bit more casual a good gun belt can make all the difference in the way your gun will carry, and as always you can't skimp on the holster make sure its a reputable high quality piece

16. JCANNON

JCANNON New Member

Gera sig p290rs...9mm, small, dao (great for appendix or pocket carry and safe to keep one chambered),optional laser, 6+1 and comes with an extended 8 rounder... Can be had for about $450 if u look good. I'm savin to get one