Sig 226 MK25 vs Glock 19

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by CarmelPaneristi, Oct 9, 2012.

1. CarmelPaneristi

CarmelPaneristi New Member

Thinking of trading in my Gen 2 Glock 19 towards a Sig 226 MK25 (seal addition). Just became familiar with the 226 mk25 and am intrigued. All of my guns are tactical/military. I really like the thought of having the exact gun issues to seal operators. What are your thoughts?

2. CarmelPaneristi

As opposed to the MK25 edition because it is cheaper or because the MK25 is hard to find? I saw one the other day. Only interested in the MK25.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Can't get either in my area. Lol
    Serious waiting list.

4. CarmelPaneristi

Just started looking and saw one at gander mountain the other day. Going to Cabellas tomorrow. I live in Indiana.

5. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

The Glock and the Sig are both great pistols and both very different. The G19 is a compact gun while the p226/mk25 is a full size gun. If you want to keep with the "same as the military has" vibe but want the same size gun as the g19, check out their M11 that they just added. It's the same size as the p226, so its more along the lines to the g19 in size.

6. 4sig

4sig New Member

Bought one about 6 months ago and really enjoy it. Local gun shop ordered it from sig. Took about 4 weeks. The mag capacity is 15 rounds so some states won't allow it. I believe you can special order a 10 round mag if an issue

7. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Picked one up last Saturday and have run about 100 rds thru it and really like it's smoothness.

[​IMG]

8. mdauben

mdauben New Member

I've got several Glocks in my safe that I use for CCW, HD and competition. I've always liked SIGs and admired their quality I just could never get over the price difference for a gun that won't really do anything my Glock won't. :(

9. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I wanna say the 226 has a steel frame vs the poly of the GLOCK. This what give the Sig tighter slide to frame tolerance. As far as price differences, the Sig SP2022 and the 250 are what are priced in the GLOCK dollar range and I still feel as if the SIG was a better design.

10. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

The price is what the price is. You get what you pay for. It is like wanting a Mercedes-Benz but wanting it at the price of a Chevy Impala. I have several Sig's and only 1 Glock, the only reason that we have the Glock is because my wife needed one to practice with for work.

I have never liked the way the grip/angle feels on the Glock. I chose the XD-45 over the Glock. Yet I still find myself going back to the Sig Classic Series pistols. After 25yrs of carrying CCW the Sig is till my go to gun.

11. CarmelPaneristi

I finally decide to pull the trigger last night and got rid of my gen 2 Glock 19 to get the Sig 226 mk 25. Was at my local gun show and picked one up for $895. Happy so far. Definitely not an everyday carry gun but that's ok. Can't wait to get to the range with it this week.

12. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

You can always pick up another G19 if you end up feeling the need for one as an everyday carry piece, it's not like those are too hard to find at reasonable prices.

Congrats on the Sig. After shooting Glocks for so long I found I had to change my grip a bit to keep from holing down the slide lock. Also getting used to the long initial trigger pull followed by the short follow up took some concentration as well. Then when you go to buy extra mags those prices take some getting used to also. Mec Gar mags can be had for less and they make the mags for Sig.

Great pistol though. I want to add a 226 or a 228 or a 229 in the future. Right now my only Sig is a 220 in .45.

13. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

IME, the SIG P226 series are the finest duty type handguns ever made.:)

14. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Bingo...

Not a Glock fan. Good guns but could never get used to the grip angle and poor triggers.

Owned just about every other type of pistol over the years and my trusted HD pistol is my 226. It is the most reliable pistol I've ever owned.

Tack

15. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Here is my baby set up for the night with a 20rd mag, Surefire X300 and a Surefire M3CB.

ForumRunner_20121023_103040.jpg

16. saejosh

saejosh New Member

Looks great.

17. saejosh

saejosh New Member

There is no comparison. The glock is great but it's no Sig the MK25 is great for the money really deff go to war gun.