Firearms Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy a sig 226 for $500 dollars. I think it might be a base/older model though because it have no rail for light or laser attachments. Just wanted some input from people who know more about it then I do. Thanks

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
I have the opportunity to buy a sig 226 for $500 dollars. I think it might be a base/older model though because it have no rail for light or laser attachments. Just wanted some input from people who know more about it then I do. Thanks
They are very nice pistols. And that is as pretty good price:)

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
jon89 said:
I feel pretty good about the price not a steal but not a horrible deal either.
$500 for a new SIG 226 not a steal?

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Jpyle said:
$500 for a new SIG 226 not a steal?
Ok, but even used a 226 in good shape is a good deal at that price...they are built like a tank.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought it was a good price too. It comes with 2 mags and original box. I'm gonna pick it up this weekend I will try and remember to post pics.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
The Germans still make the P226 without the rail. They go for about 2000 dollars here. Mine has the rail. Get the freaking gun!!!! Oh, if you see an antler on the slide, it is the German stamp of proof. Also, check if it says made in West Germany. Both will make the gun a bigger investment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got done shooting it. Ran about 50 rounds through it and it shot great. I love the way the gun handles. It has great balance and weight to it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts