Sig 1911's any good?

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by mikes0486, Nov 8, 2012.

1. mikes0486

mikes0486 New Member

So just wondering what you guys think about the sig 1911's. pros/cons etc? Worth buying? Thanks

2. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

SIG makes awesome 1911s, quite a variety in fact, well made, great quality customer service and warranty. Worth the price IMO.

I love mine. I wish I could dig out of this snowy, Sandy mess so I can hit the range soon and sling a bit of lead, I'm getting cabin fever here.

3. mikes0486

mikes0486 New Member

I hear a lot of gripe about the external extractors, what's the deal?

4. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I have a tac ops 1911, best darn gun i shot. I owned a colt and when it came down to me having to sell one i sold the colt. Love sig

5. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I've seen no notable issues on the YouTube or forums. Someone will have an issue with anything but nothing that is product wide. I've only shot about 200 rounds thru mine but its fed and extracted every one of those 200 flawlessly...

6. Mdrums

Mdrums New Member

Not heard of issues. I think since the original 1911 doesn't have an external extractor that the die hards don't like any change to the original 1911 design.

Guy I work with has a Sig 1911...zero issues. I have a Colt National Match and li,e it but my next 1911 just might be a Sig.

7. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

The issue is with the people not the part. Some believe that if its not a colt it isn't a 1911. Or if it isnt exactly as John Moses Browning designed it then its not right hense the external extracter but shoots perfect.

8. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I'm not familiar enough with the model, but doesn't the hi power have an external extractor? All in saying is you can improve on perfection additionally there is nothing wrong with updating a great model.

9. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Sig sauer is an extremely well made weapon. I have heard very, very little in the areas of dissactifaction.

10. Bidah

Bidah New Member

The Army dictated that the extractor had to be internal (along with the grip safety). You don't see that on the 1935..

I have a Sig 1911 that I bought last year, and used for practice and competition this year. I am getting close to 5000 rounds and not a hiccup. I took the plunge, and I believe it is a solid design. Smith & Wesson is the only other maker with an external extractor that I would trust.

About the only thing that I find is that the ejection pattern is a bit erratic. An internal one (adjusted properly) will put them in a pretty close pile. The Sig seems to put them more in an arc.. :D I would not hesitate to buy another one.

11. saejosh

saejosh New Member

Great 1911 over all. Premium quality and function for a fair price

12. cowboynblkhat

cowboynblkhat New Member

I love my Scorpion extended barrel!!! Absolutely great trigger on mine coming straight out of the box!

13. calvin95

calvin95 New Member

I've got a pair of 1911 XO Nitron for $750/ea & wouldn't take anything for them. Fine, well crafted pieces of machinery. Buy one, you will NOT regret it!!!

14. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

I love mine. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I can't remember a single FTF or FTE with it since it came out of the box. It will shoot anything I put in it, including ammo purchased at Wally World.

Let me sorta take something back. It does not like Kimber magazines, but my Kimber didn't like them, either. Chip McCormick and Wilson Combat mags are flawless, and at the price of Sig mags it's a good thing.

15. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Of course they are! In the sub-$1000 category, they are probably the best bang for your buck.

16. Squawk

Squawk New Member

If one person complains about a feature (external extractor), the wolves will circle.

Example: I had an issue with PSA missing a part on a LBK. And flamed and complained. A month later, I have a lower, upper and BCG on order.

Don't let one bad review or one idiot (me complaining about PSA) stop you from getting what you want. I personally would love to have a Sig 1911 Nightmare carry.

17. USMC-Hat

USMC-Hat New Member

I haven't had any issues with mine. I've had it long enough and put enough rounds through it that if it wasn't well built they would have shown up by now.

18. Olympus

Olympus New Member

People that complain about the external extractor usually don't have much of a leg to stand on when you turn the tables and talk about Series 80 safeties. They tend to get quiet pretty quickly.

19. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I finally got a "deal" on some Winchester white box, if $.46 a round really is a "deal"...anyway, now I can take my SIG 1911 to the range. I am looking forward to that!

20. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I try to keep my cost at $0.30 a round