Sig 1911 ?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by tenntyrant, Feb 28, 2012.

1. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

Am thinking about getting a sig 1911 extreme are they good guns? And how do they compare to springfeilds?

2. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

I don't know the model you are talking about or anything about Springfield, BUT, I do own 2 SIG 1911s.

I own the Scorpion Carry and the Nitron Carry. The Scorpion has been flawless and the Nitron has yet to make its run to the range. I know you asked about the 1911 extreme so Ill end this with just a note of SIG makes might FINE 1911s

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

This one? Looks nice. (except for that external extractor thingie)

[​IMG]

4. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Cane, is that my Scorpion only in black? same G10 grips (hogue g10 piranha grips), straight trigger, and everything. If so then I am qaulified to answer his question.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. 7mmstw

7mmstw New Member

Can't deny Sig makes a good gun. Stands to reason they would make a better 1911 than most, especially those companies that make theirs in some 3rd world hellhole then rollstamp their logo on it and charge you $700

6. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

I am looking at the tac ops model by sig anyone have experience with it? Good /bad

7. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

The tacops is absolutely amazing, the gf help me get it and it is awsome. I have nothing bad to say about this gun. Its accurate, has very little kick, does exactly what its supposed to do when you wannt it to. It comes with 4 mags so no need to buy extras. I bought mine with a threaded barrel. The grips on it feel great as well. This is my first target, first clip...and to top it all off it comes with night sights. The tac rail on it is nice as well, I put a light laser combo that youd put on a rifle

ForumRunner_20120229_210029.jpg

ForumRunner_20120229_210515.jpg

ForumRunner_20120229_210029.jpg