Sig 1911 guide rod laser

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by capnklump, Dec 30, 2013.

1. capnklump

capnklump New Member

Just recently purchased a Sig 1911 Scorpion (Carry size), & I've been searching for a guide rod laser sight for it but I'm coming up empty! Maybe its because it does not have a full length guide rod. If someone has some information or suggestions, PLEASE HELP!!

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Put some Crimson Trace grips on your shooter, leave the guide rod as is. Just my $0.02.

3. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

What the poster above me said. I heard about a guide rod laser coming apart during use causing the weapon to fail. Now I wanted a guide rod laser as well but didn't want to take the chance of it coming apart during a SHTF situation. I have Crimson Trace laser grips on every pistol I own that they are made for.

4. arashid630

arashid630 New Member

I 3rd that but FYI even if your 1911 doesn't come equipped with a full length guide rod you can get one for a reasonable price and drop them in... But I wouldn't put a laser guide rod in that may come apart

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

A few years ago, you could get guide rod lasers all over.

And now that they are so rarely offered, I wonder if there were some problems that caused them to stop making it.

Go with the above suggestions. A laser near the muzzle seems to "jump around on target" more than one in the grip when aiming. Go to the store that offers lasers and has a demonstration stand.

6. arashid630

arashid630 New Member

I use the Crimson Trace master series laser grip (it works with ambidextrous safety).