Side by Sides

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Missileman, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Missileman

Missileman New Member

I know there are a few SxS enthusiasts out there--who are you and what do you shoot? I have two SKB 385 Sportings, one in 20 ga with 28 inch barrels, and one two barrel set, 20 and 28ga with 30 inch barrels. I have inserts for the 20 gauge in 28ga and .410 so I can shoot 4 gun skeet with them. I'd love to have a Winchester Model 21 some day, but probably won't happen.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I like the look and feel of a side by side, but have never owned one. I no longer hunt and don't shoot the various shotgun sports, so I can't justify buying a nice one. However, I really want a Coach Gun with exposed hammers just for the fun and coolness factor.

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I have a Spainish made Stoeger Uplander 16ga that was built back in the 60s. I absolutely love that gun for upland birds. Barrels are shorter then most and it's effortless for me to point well.

4. Reinhard

Reinhard New Member Supporter

I have a ST ettiene Side by side, caliber 16 ,shoot it regular,I only fire it with blackpowder
    [​IMG]

5. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

When I was shooting skeet I used a Ruger Red Label with 26 inch barrels, good skeet gun but couldn't hit the broad side of the barn when using it for trap. I made the mistake of letting my ex son-in-law use it the first time he shot trap and the little A-hole shot a 23 and a 24 with it. Traded it off a week later for an evil black gun.

I do all my small game hunting with an old Savage Fox side by in 20 ga. I love those side by sides. just not that Ruger.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  6. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive got a CZ Ringneck 26" 12ga. great gun use it for skeet and trap.

7. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

I have a Stevens model 311A, 12 ga., it was my fathers gun, he bought it new in the early 60’s.
    Still my favorite trap shooting gun!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010