sick of it

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by niteglock, Jan 14, 2013.

1. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I think I'm just gonna put my spikes up for sale. I'm sick of going through all this crap. Might be getting taxed on it. No ammo left. Registration. Fingerprint. I'm not paying to keep mine. Its not worth it anymore. Gonna be hard to part with it but if I can make some cash off it why not.

2. Fireguy4

Fireguy4 New Member

Please don't.

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Step away from the safe.

Don't go off the deep end. Things will calm down.

4. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I live in Illinois. So I'm screwed anyway right???? Been looking on gunbroker and prices are at premium. Figured I could get rid of it for 1600.00 right now. Maybe even more.

5. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

i kinda fell this way sometimes too. i am getting sick of not being able to find decently priced ammo or in some cases, any ammo to shoot. now, there is talk of being photographed and fingerprinted to own something one purchased legally? again, i see where you are coming from.

in the end, you need to decide HOW MUCH you like this gun. if the answer is A LOT, then don't sell it, you will regret it.

however, if there is another gun you are eyeballing and you don't have much love for that AR, now is the time!

6. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Yeah I think ima post it on gunbroker. Just see what happens.

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Quitter :cool:

8. niteglock

niteglock New Member

How much do you think I should start it at? Spikes bullet marking lower, spikes LPK, spikes midlength 16" 1/7 upper, spikes t2 buffer kit with a Daniel defense tube. Utg carry handle sight. Magpul MIAD grip, magpul CTR stock, 3 magpul 30rnd mags, 2 magpul 20rnd mags.

Attached Files:

9. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I'll give you $50..

10. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Start it at $1,000 with no reserve. I bet it goes for north of $2,500.

11. undumb

undumb New Member

I'll give you $51

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

well guys, i'm going to be the big dog in the hunt! i offer $201 and will pay for the shipping!:D

seriously, hang onto it. i think things will get better shortly. even the AWB of 1994 didn't stop people from buying them.

13. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Wouldn't it be better to have a reserve price so I know I will get at least what I want??

14. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

In this environment, I wouldn't. The market is so crazy out there, I fully expect you'll blow through what you think you'll get quickly. Reserve prices can dissuade activity. If you are concerned about a minimum, then I would start the auction at that level.

15. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I hope you're going to "sell" it, so you're no longer "in possession" of it...

16. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I sir raise you 201.25 and that way he can have a gum ball as well

17. Fireguy4

Fireguy4 New Member

I second this

18. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I thought about that. But then what's going to happen if it is unregistered and I bring it to the range and get pulled over. I'll go to jail. Illinois sucks.

19. kobel1up

kobel1up New Member

Move to ohio, keep the AR, buy some acres in the country. No one around here would turn you in.

Seriously, don't sell.

20. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I am keeping the two I have. Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.