Siaga 12 Guage Question

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Mongo, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

I was looking on the J&G Sales website and in the description of the Siaga 12 it says "converted by Century arms intl". Do anyone know how they're converted or exactly what that means? Thanks

2. accessdenied01

accessdenied01 New Member

They put American parts into the saiga. It's because of the import they have on them guns. I would suggest you to get a Izhmash saiga, they tend to be better quality and shoot better.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

converted means it has had enough parts replaced by american made parts to become 922r compliant. this means its legal to use with higher count magazines than the standard 2 or 3 rounders.

usually but not always the really poor trigger linkages are removed and the trigger group moved forward and a pistol grip installed. fire controls replaced bolt bolt carrier gas piston etc replaced. conversion usually makes the terrible stock saiga run a LOT better.

i just got a converted one and damn is it fun. had it out shooting skeet with a vortex red dot on top this morning. mine needed about a 75 shell breakin before it started cycling. even the converted ones are pretty rough. mine is a cai and its pretty decent all tapco internals. all saigas are izhmash as thats where they are made. whether cai converted it or not i dunno but they probably did. izhmash does not convert them in the states they convert them in russia for legal import which is what makes them terrible guns. its up to us here to convert them back to working reliable shotguns

im very very happy with mine.