Shuanghui Agrees to Acquire Smithfield Foods for $4.72b

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, May 29, 2013.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

2. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

There going to ship all the bacon to China....is that the concern?

3. Bigcountry02

YES! That is a concern! :mad:

No bacon or pork, me not happy!

4. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I wouldn't worry...they're changing the name to Fido Foods anyway.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Everytime I read about Chinese meat packers, i'm reminded of a secondhand comment attributed to one of the Sanderson Farms guys about how much they make shipping chicken FEET to China, gag.

6. Bigcountry02

[​IMG]

7. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Who knows where those feet have been :eek:

8. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

It's not like Smithfield hires American workers any ways. I read some where that in one of there bacon plants that there is over 18 different languages spoken. That's why I don't buy anything from there family line of products.

9. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

I'm going Kosher. We have sold our country's soul to the devil. I hold their stockholder's responsible or the powers that be. Food was our ultimate weapon.

10. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I started a thread about buying U.S.A. made guns several months ago and 3/4 of the responses were about buying what ever the hell anybody wanted, screw U.S. manufacturers. Glad to see everybody up in arms about bacon. We have a very bright future ahead of us.

11. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

I agree with you. Except for two of my guns I only look at and buy American.

12. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Actually, It would seem like the Smithfield folks are pretty smart, sell high is the goal for any business! Doesnt mean Im happy about it but cant blame them for wanting to make a few billion for their efforts. I hear the Chi-coms want to buy Califorica next...

13. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

They just need to foreclose on the loans, no need to buy it.

14. jackrich3

jackrich3 Active Member Supporter

I can't figure out why the American people fail to realize the power we hold. We have the buying power to support or destroy most businesses in this country, simply by purchasing or not purchasing their products, enmasse. But to get two people to stick together on anything these days. Although over half the country did stick together, hellbent on destroying our nation, by electing a foreign-born Marxist-Muslim.

15. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

We could pay them with the money our "Allies" still owe us from WW2.

16. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

It’s being pushed now that their goal is a source of pork for China.

My concern is whether or not, later on, (or maybe now) it would become economically feasible for them to ship Chinese pork to the Smithfield plant for processing. Kind of a back-door entrance into the U.S. pork market with a known, respected American brand name. And no need to source the country of origin.

From the news reports I’ve read, the Chinese are having all kinds of pork quality problems with their domestic pork. And the reason for dumping of thousands of hog carcasses into one of the major rivers remains unsolved.

Maybe it’s just business…but I smell a rat.

17. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Well I try not to buy from China, so there goes the Ekrich Sausage I like.

18. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

It doesn't matter if its imported or domestically made. Quality is higher with most imported products anyway. Buying imported products doesn't hurt the economy. -sarcasm-

It started with Chinese Apple juice, then baby food, then, then, then. We are in trouble people. It's going to get worse unless we stop buying their crap. Hopefully we will have a choice between domestic or imported meat in the future.

19. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Yup...I remember the list of Saudi owned/supplied gas stations after 9/11 going around and a call to ban them...nobody followed through. Same with Chavez's oil....then again there's probably no practical way of knowing what oil supplied what gas station....the point is, people wouldn't do it anyway or those gas stations would have felt the hurt. Most in this country have principles, just don't want to go too far out of their way to practice them.