1. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

How do u picture it. You gunna be solo or a small group. Stay or go. And last will you do some messed up things for your own survival?

2. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

I plan on being a come and go member of my family's group. Ill go to find the food and scavange supplies for them. Ill go as far as need be and if they have enough supplies for a while ill travel farther to look for better supplies and people. Ill do what it takes to survive but i wont turn into a murderer i will focus on self defence.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

I go. Small group, wife and kid. Willing to do anything for their survival.

4. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

That's where I'm getting at i got my family and if I have to I will rob to keep us going but mostly for now just stay put in our town of 300 lol

5. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Who you gonna rob, your nieghbors? That statement puts you on par with the gangbangers I expect to spill over the stateline from Memphis.

How bout this, prepare more, rob less. You will stay alive that much longer.

6. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Do u have a family.. ill rob to serve them not because i Get off to it. I would rob if I HAVE to. But since I live in wyoming I got mnts out side in peeing distance a river its snows like a ***** in winter id be alright for a while

I try talking to my wife about this and she thinks I'm crazy she don't take me seriously. Anyone else got this problem?

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Heck, my wife is the one who insists we drill on the bug out every now and then.
    She's hit me with a random drill a couple times already, the latest about a month ago (seems we're due for another one), she woke me up at 3 AM, screaming "BUG OUT DRILL" I was pissed. I had been up until 2 drinking with a buddy of mine.

We've go it down to where we are ready to hit the road with everything we need in 1 hour.

8. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I understand what you mean by do what it takes. But you seemed to go to robbing pretty quick.

By your brief discription of where you live, it seems to me that your in a good place. With some prepping and a few skill sets, you and your family would be ahead of 99% of the population.

As for your wife thinking your crazy, thats pretty much standard in Shtf circles. Mine didnt understand until I got her to read "PATRIOTS". If you are a reader at all let me suggest that to you. Also you could get home before she does and throw the main breaker on the house. Everyone in the home will realize how dependent we are on the grid. Leave it off as long as possible and let it soak in. Course, when she sees the neighbors lights, "your gonna have some splaining to do lucy"

9. Sniper75

Sniper75 New Member

If anyone tries to hurt me or my family then I won't think twice about taking a life. But that probably goes for most people. I will scavenge and live off of whatever is left of the land. ( me and everyone else )

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Did it occur to you that is the reason she did it?

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Maybe that night, but the other random times are another story. She caught us off guard in the middle of breakfast one time...

12. bkt

bkt New Member

I will do whatever is necessary to protect and see to the needs of my family and friends. Going solo isn't wise or practical.

That said, I don't think we're going to see a Yugoslavia-style SHTF situation where we go for months or years without running water, gas, fuel, electricity, currency, etc. Never say never, of course.

13. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

14. unclebear

unclebear New Member

small to medium size group (family), well armed, and probably the guy that has to scavenge because the other in my family aren't really that good at stealth. I'm pretty much planning on doing what I have to do for my family.

15. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

What size if town/city u guys live in

16. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Small town of 800

17. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Not to small and not to big

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

I live just south of Memphis. Not sure on the population, but its right there
    <<< below my avatar picture, you can epodunk.com it if you want.

My Bug Out location is a little ways away and will remain unnamed for various reasons. I've already given too much info about it's general vicinity for my comfort anyway.

It has a pop of about 1200, which is really a little more than I want, but, I have many family members in the area, and many, many, friends there. those that aren't friends with me, likely are friends with someone in my family.

19. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

So do u plan on being in a group or in a group but in different houses?

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

Not sure exactly what you mean, but I'll try to break it down.
    I'll be traveling in a small group to my location of choice, where I will be joining up with family and friends who have mutually defensible positions. There are also many more family and friends spread throughout the county, almost all of them within a day's horseback ride, with most being within an hour's ride.