Shtf............

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by 303tom, Feb 2, 2014.

1. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Had some of this morning, pretty darn good, another one for my (just in case stock) Now I have to tell my son to order me a case.......

Attached Files:

• 029.jpg
      029.jpg
      File size:
      29.4 KB
      Views:
  2. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Looks good, but I've already got my SHTF stash! Don't think I'll have to defend these.:D

Attached Files:

3. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

what the hell is the stuff with the jaws in it? :eek:

4. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Your guess is as good as mine!

5. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

fish heads fish heads rolly polly fish heads fish heads fish heads eat em right up.:D

6. BigB

BigB New Member

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

You do realize that Armadillos carry Leprosy, right?

8. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Ok then, make a broth or puree.

9. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

They may get rid of your hunger, but they really don't have enough calories to replace what you will burn in a SHTF situation. They have 200 to 300 calories per serving, which is less than they usually serve most bedridden nursing home patients. For variety they are great, but you need to eat something along with them for energy.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

true. IIRC, anything below 600 calories per day is starvation. and IIRC the body needs more calories the colder it gets to maintain proper body temperature.

11. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Most of the nursing home patients I have run into are on a 1200 calorie a day diet, and they were totally bedridden. Our food labels are based on a minimum 2000 calorie a day diet. Of course, that's considered a healthy diet. You might have noticed that WalMartians have a somewhat higher intake. <grin>

12. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

a few years back I ran across these things called "heater meals." you had a meat entrée, side of some sort, bag of dried fruit, & maybe something else, can't remember anymore.

anyway, no heat source needed. you mixed a chemical into a water bag that came with the meal & stuck it all back inside the box on top of the water bag. after 10 minutes it was almost too hot to eat

13. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Armadillo is not too bad with plenty of Louisiana hot sauce,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

14. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Try some Datl Do-It hot sauce. It can even make an MRE tasty.

15. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Just cook them extremely well.

Some folks avoid eating Coyote, I avoid eating Armadillo.

16. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I avoid eating datil peppers. I enjoy jalapenos, I can stand habaneros, I'll never lick a cut bhut jalokia (Indian ghost pepper) again!

Good heat & spice is one thing. Masochism is an entirely different realm, especially when nice soft TP is in short supply!

17. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I said it is some of my (just in case stock) hell I eat em for snacks, or if I want just a lite meal, I don`t mean for em to be a staple + their good & they keep great, heck they have a 2015 store sell by date on em & easy to stock !.............

18. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Yeah I`v seen em..............

Attached Files:

19. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Under those conditions they would be fine. Since you showed us a breakfast I didn't think they would be the only thing you would eat during the course of the day. My point is that in a SHTF situation the calorie intake is so low it shouldn't be all you eat for breakfast, either. By the time lunch rolls around if you remain at rest you will have burned up the calories in that meal just breathing

20. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

They also have mre heaters. It's a little pouch that you put water in. Then, you toss the whole mre in the pouch, roll it up, and in a few minutes you have a warm meal. Pretty neat but I'm sure it's been around for a long time.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app