SHTF- Most Likely Scenario?

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by Alex2455, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Revolution/Civil War

23 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Plague-caused civilization collapse

7 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Foreign invasion

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. UN Invasion

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Martial Law

21 vote(s)
    21.4%
  6. Natural Disaster

32 vote(s)
    32.7%
  7. Nuclear Attack

4 vote(s)
    4.1%
  8. Zombie apocalypse?

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Alex2455

Alex2455 New Member

Hi all!

I've been reading the forums and noticed a lot of people believe some kind of crisis or apocalypse is going to happen relatively soon. So my question is, what do you guys think is the most likely SHTF type scenario int he near future?

Feel free to post your ideas and preparations/arsenals! :D

Alex

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Here in Sacramento, we are surrounded by two rivers and the Folsom Dam is just up the road. The city is protected by a levee system that is suspect in condition. So the most likely natural disaster here would be a flood.

Civil unrest is a likely event as well.

I've done my best to prepare for both as well as other possibilities.

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

You forgot:

A comet the size of Alaska impacts anywhere on earth, and everyone dies!

4. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

I gotta vote for war with China. They are big enough to actually get onto U.S. soil, and crazy enough to try.

5. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

LOL...I think that falls under the "Natural disaster" category.

6. Alex2455

Alex2455 New Member

Then I guess I'm lucky to live on the east coast!

7. 556plinker

556plinker New Member

I'm guessing

Financial collapse due to the ponzi scheme of the social security administration and all of the fraudulent activity perpetrated by the federal reserve system since its inception a long time ago. This monetary system has run its course. Which begets the following when we are declared bankrupt and uneven to pay the interest on our massive debt and this does not take into account the liabilites owed to Soc. Sec or Medicare, if the gov't followed the same accounting rules it enforces on the populace it would be game over,,.....NOW.

[SCENARIO]
    No social Security checks for the elderly.:mad:
    No welfare checks for those who have chosen the work-free lifestyle.
    No assistance or aid to dependent children.
    No Food Stamps.
    Your Hard earned savings are only good for kindling and have effectively vanished.

The inner city parasites who are spoon fed by the gov't will become quite unruly after they have missed their 9th meal. Panic will set in with the resulting chaos......think KATRINA with no natural disaster. This will be the rallying cry for "COME HELP US, ANYONE" This could precipitate martial law or could be the key to the door for the UN to actively patrol and enforce law. The good boys in blue(police not UN) will be overwhelmed and incapable of quashing the insurrections fomented by the parasitic hosts that we have so graciously helped through the years.

OR:

China could become very pi$$ed about our bankruptcy declaration and attempts to engage in a wholesale liquidation of our assets. This includes your home with you buried in the back yard and eliminates/eases their population problem and provides for new abundant natural resources. Think "RED DAWN" only you would have the chinese and mexicans in complete collaboration. I find this scenario plausible but not probable. Chinese Imperialism would be quite dangerous and that needs to be considered, after all they are communists and we are the last bastion of freedom (relatively speaking when compared to the world.)

I'm going with scenario #1 as I believe it will come from within.....probably when the Conservatives get in a position to actually do something about our debacle but just a little too late. Prediction...........shortly after Obama leaves office but not until then. :mad:

8. CA357

BTW, I believe it's a no brainer that natural disaster and civil unrest will go hand in hand.

9. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

BUT...civil unrest can happen w/o natural disaster.

10. CA357

Yes it can and that's a scenario I have prepared for. However, I think it is more likely to follow a natural or economic disaster than it is to be an autonomous incident.

11. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

I've posted this else where but I went through a lot of natural disasters...most people actually behave well during natural disasters. Nothing of the sort that most people who prepare for SHTF ever happens. Unless Americans are worse than 3rd world countries who live it regularly NOW, we should do just fine.

12. CA357

I live in Sacramento and it's scary to think of some of the various scenarios that could occur here. It is our main objective to leave this city and California for a better location. I want the odds tilted in our favor as much as possible.

13. bkt

bkt New Member

The Fed/Treasury/Congress keep on track spending money by creating money and monetizing our own debt. Ultimately, the value of the dollar must fall very rapidly. This will set off a run on the banks, concern and borderline panic will set in. Prices for fuel, food and other goods will steadily climb pretty quickly. Ultimately, the value of the dollar falls to the point where government benefits of all kinds do little or no good.

Over 30% of the population is on the dole one way or another. They won't sit home quietly and wait to die. They will want what they've been told for generations they are entitled to, and they will come after those who have more than they do to get it.

Massive civil unrest is a potential problem and a likely one if we keep on spending and monetizing debt like we have.

14. GMACK

GMACK New Member

I voted for civil war and it was really a toss up between that and natural disaster. A natural disaster usually impacts only a very small area of the country when you look at the overall size of our country. As several other people have pointed out the lack of money/benefits will more then likely be this countries downfall (I hope not). Those who have lived on hand outs will suddenly be without and will take to the streets. Martial law will be declared. Gun confiscation will be ordered IE: New Orleans. And so it will go.

15. user4

user4 New Member

I disagree with any notion of civil war. People are too complacent, and those entitlement people are too lazy to begin with. Oh, sure they'll loot the weak on their block, but not in states like Texas.

16. RairWeatherSmok

RairWeatherSmok New Member

Naturla Disaster

I guess a complete disruption of the food & water supply caused by climate changes is considered a natural disaster.

17. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

I am with you brother.

The main reason I did not even consider going to California is it being in an earthquake belt. Memories of an 8.1 earthquake experience is kinda difficult to shake off. It was so bad for me that the political climate there did not even cross my mind. I guess I got lucky. :D

Honestly, the scariest part of the US for me would be anywhere within 750 mile radius of the Yellowstone Park (up to 1,500 mile eastward). I also experienced volcanic eruptions and if the Yellowstone caldera is anywhere near as strong/destructive as it is projected to be, may God have mercy on us all when it erupts.

18. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

The Spanish flu killed upwards of 50 million people in just two years. That was about 3% of the world population at the time. And that was before widely used air transport.

Epidemiologists were so worried about the avian and swine flus largely because they shared characteristics with the spanish flu that are very uncommon. One of the alarming features was the death rate amongst healthy 15-65 year olds. Most flus kill the very old, the very young, and those with compromised immune systems. The Spanish flu actually caused the body to radically over-produce immune responses, which became the real cause of death. The body's own immune system would eat it from the inside out. Those who were very old, young, or weak didn't have the immune strength to produce these results, so they died at a less elevated rate. The avian and swine flus seemed to do the same thing.
    The only reason these flus never reached pandemic status was their relative difficulty getting into or out of human cells. If a virus can easily invade human cells, but not easily leave them, then it cannot spread efficiently and the short lifespan of viruses will spell their own demise in the body. It only takes one small mutation in one viral organism out of trillions to change the name of the game. If one organism (from the avian or swine flus) develops the ability to easily exfiltrate itself from human cells, while in a human host, suddenly you have a big f****n problem.
    Basically, one mutation, and not statistically unlikely one, could wipe out hundreds of millions or billions of people in a matter of months.

19. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

@ TheDaggle.

Question is, are these virus mutations natural? Or are they genetically altered in the labs and released accidentally (or intentionally)?

20. IXLR8

IXLR8 New Member

The last time a hurricane headed for New Orleans, the first supplies to sell out were, not food, or water, but AR-15's. I am not making any judgments based on this observation, but you may. There was significant looting, and personal protection has a high priority, during a natural disaster.

Here is the article