Showing up the hubby!!

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by amandaloveszoe, Jun 12, 2013.

1. amandaloveszoe

amandaloveszoe New Member

We were shooting Sat, he was using his 270 w/ a nice scope on a bench we were a little over 200 yards. And jokingly i said let me take a shot with my 22 w iron sights, standing up, shot 3 rounds. I had never shot that far and was sure my bullets were way off, nope lo and behold my grouping was about 4 inches, while his was low and all over the place. He couldnt believe it :))) me either lol!!! Gotta love my Marlin!

2. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Nice!

My wife will outshoot me as well....

3. JohnJak

JohnJak Member

Woman are better shooters than men. It is a well known fact.

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

The best snipers were women Soviet soldiers. Oh, there is a saying in the US Army..."Nurses can shoot."

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Ladies can shoot and are also easier to instruct! They listen and have no pre-existing macho bad habits! I have been on the rifle for years and once in a while my wife will out shoot me on the range. I make a big deal out of it but glad she loves the shooting sport and shares enjoying it with me when she can. So Ladies keep up the good shooting! And enjoying the sport! Great to read your threads and posts here on the FTF! ;)

6. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Dangit you ladies don't let us have anything. Oh well at least it's nice to have someone good to look at when we go to the range.

7. E7018Dan

E7018Dan New Member

I have a young cousin age 14. She can outshoot me in most any position, distance, shooting sport, and caliber. Her father is a sheriff and big into competition shooting and she can show him up on the right day. Its crazy.

8. amandaloveszoe

Nope sorry we have to take over everything huh!!! :)

Thanks everyone!

9. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Well, I can make banana's foster better than my wife can!:)

10. amandaloveszoe

What the heck is that?

11. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Ehh, we can still stand up when we pee.
    :D

12. Blackbeard1718

Blackbeard1718 New Member

Yeah..... but according to my wife..... some of us still have a hard time, "Hitting the Target!" [​IMG]

13. Garadex

Garadex New Member

You mean like this,

image-4200522058.jpg

This was actually in the bathroom at my local range.

14. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

My daughter can out-shoot most the men I know. She simply never flinches. I can out shoot her off a bench but she is much more steady than my old man self is. I can still shoot a pistol better on a good day though. But if it's a gun she is comfortable with like the 226 I have her a few years ago she is really hard to beat. She was 11 when we put everything form a 22 to a 30 06 in her hands and she had no trouble hitting a target at 150 yds off hand with a rifle. 35 yds off hand wit ha pistol and she's spot on.

I've found that if a woman/girl is comfortable with what they are shooting they usually have no trouble figuring out how to shoot it well very fast. I know plenty of men that wish they could say the same.

Congrats on your shooting OP. :)

15. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

I took my wife to the range a while back (details in another thread) and she outshot me with my own gun..haha. I was very proud of her though. She had a lot of fun that day and I hope that she does it again soon. I would enjoy if she and I were able to shoot together regularly. I actually brought her targets home and hung one of the best ones up in my garage/man cave. It is a nice conversation piece and...even my young daughter is proud to say that her mommy shot that well!

16. amandaloveszoe

Haha soo true!! Heck if i had too i am sure i could do better than most men lol!!

17. amandaloveszoe

I love reading these stories, i love to hear about women shooting, especially these young girls :) if i had the ammo i would love to shoot everyday!

18. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

LOL

Back in grad school in Virginia Beach, a friend in class told us about an episode after her hubby had recently returned from deployment. He was the CAG on one of the carriers stationed in Norfolk...

She instructed him to follow her into the bathroom and stand in front of the toilet. She then got out a tape measure to assess the distance between the bowl and his nether-regions. She then says, "You can hit a pitching carrier deck, at night, in a storm, from 40,000 feet. But you can't hit a bowl from 30 inches?"

19. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't know about you other guys, but my excuse is I don't have any sights on mine. It's not even drilled and tapped for a scope mount. :p

20. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

My favorite excuse is how does anyone expect a left handed shooter to use right handed sights!?!:eek::D